From Freeroll to Satellite

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was wondering if someone ever made it through and won the ticket at one of these satellites freeroll's in any platform.

Anyone?

If you did, what was your strategy?

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I definitely made to some 250€ bounty game once ... Sadly dont remember anymore how many (and which) satellites i played to get there ...

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I've already won a $109 ticket in the 888poker freerolls. But the 888poker freerolls are crazy and the blinds increases very fast, so, my strategy is to wait for any good hand and go all in because in these 888poker satellites there are only few seats for thousands of players.

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Guess there hasn't been many or maybe this thread isn't getting much attention.

But I do appreciate @Risto234 and @Cooking for their comments and wish you guys lots of fun at the felt.

Svetluj

Svetluj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, I've already won a $109 ticket in the 888poker freerolls. But the 888poker freerolls are crazy and the blinds increases very fast, so, my strategy is to wait for any good hand and go all in because in these 888poker satellites there are only few seats for thousands of players.
Super Turbo mode it isn’t poker, it’s a lottery. I don’t playing this anymore. U spent time and nothing to learn

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remember how an interesting case happened to me closer to the new year. Poker rooms often hold promotions on holidays. I took part in a freeroll and got a cheap ticket. This ticket was intended for participation in another tournament. I managed to get into the prize zone again and the ticket price for the next game increased. After the third tournament, I got my last ticket, which turned from the initial $1 into $10. So I was able to qualify and get to the decisive tournament. My strategy was tight at all stages. I managed to survive the bubble and win more than twice the ticket price. Re-entry was not used.
I realized that people who want to get a ticket to a big tournament play very carefully and tight than those who just invested $ 10.

P

PokerMaria

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
I was wondering if someone ever made it through and won the ticket at one of these satellites freeroll's in any platform.

Anyone?

3 times in this year (109, 125, 530), but don't like to play them, especially the 4-5 steps. just messing up variance, prefer micro buyin satties.

strategy? :) luck and keep them playing with lots of patiance and time.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yes, I had ticket winnings of $55 and the subsequent entry into prizes with a win of $114, all in one day)
888poker
61241459d558a 2021 08 21 10 41 3061241351319e4 2021 08 22 00 04 48

By playing in a freeroll, it is clear that this is not poker, but somewhere closer to 100 players it already looks like a game. Basically MTTs are played tight with the least amount of crooked hands and rely on yourself and luck. Playing carefully, victory will come, you need experience time and patience. Poker loves the patient.

Last edited:
S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have won some of them back in the days..but I busted from targeted tournament

J

jazux48

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
last year I went through several stages of freerolls and participated in a tournament with 1 million dollars, won approximately $680

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips

Anyone?

Yes! Right now actually :)
Today I played a freeroll sat for a $5.50 ticket, and then I played the second stage and won a $109 entry. Now i'm ITM and keeping going for a while :)
Edit:
I only payed a $0.11 add on in the first one.
I think that I don't change my strategy, but now I'm playing more carefully near the bubble.

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hello!
The blinds there are growing so fast that the game turns into a lottery. I don't usually try to play well and often go all-in. If I manage to win enough chips to play neatly, I stay.
I even managed to win satellite a few times.

hennessy5

hennessy5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
In these freerolls people go all in almost every hand. Just wait for a good hand then go all in in the first stages. Tactics and bluffing dont apply in freeroll satellites lol

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In these freerolls people go all in almost every hand. Just wait for a good hand then go all in in the first stages. Tactics and bluffing dont apply in freeroll satellites lol
Yes indeed, forget about bluff, Just play your selected premium hand. Adjust game at the end when your ticket is almost on your pocket. GL at the tables, and some good tickets to go all the way to the FT!

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I recently won a $109 ticket, Sunday million entry. but when it came to the game it was a complete fiasco)

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Strategy:
This spray;
pray again;
keep praying.