Freeroll king

L

lolpogolol

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing alot of tournys latly but seems i make final tables more on freerolls than i do cash tournys i make 5/10 on freerolls and 3/10 on cash tournyss why would that seem to be and is that good for that or just luck???

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have more ability to play tourneys.If I were you I would invest more in tourneys than in cash games.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing a good tight solid game against people who are jamming any 2 in freerolls is easier than playing against players that have put their money on the line these players tend to play better also the higher the stakes the better the players lots of them pro good luck.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your results are this good, I would stick to tournaments. Invest some money from your freeroll wins into buy-in tournaments. Read up on some good bankroll management and you should be able to carve up a tidy profit in the future.

J

Joey1998

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check your game. Freerolls are LAG-heavy. Cash games have more TAG players (more the higher buy-in you go), meaning more finesse, more studied games.
Good luck
Jbotman

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing alot of tournys latly but seems i make final tables more on freerolls than i do cash tournys i make 5/10 on freerolls and 3/10 on cash tournyss why would that seem to be and is that good for that or just luck???

You have more success in freerolls because they have a bigger percentage of terrible players. So well done to you.

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont look too much into it your sample size is so small it could be down to variance, however freerolls are alot softer because theres no consequences for dropping out early.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I like it the same way, I do better in the freeroll than in the paid tournaments, I guess I feel a bit more freedom in the freeroll, while in the others there is a little more pressure to avoid mistakes, so as not to lose investment.

R

rmcneice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he is referring to real money buy in Tournaments when he uses the term "Cash Tourny".

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are easier than when u have to pay.

HK_47

HK_47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls have the incentive that you don't need to care at all because you haven't risked anything. Hell I play freerolls quite a lot, and sometimes I sign up for one when I'm about to go to bed and just jam every hand until I lose because why not? But even the $0.10 tournaments have people playing much tighter because you actually have something on the line however minuscule.

cskwin

cskwin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Glad to see you on final tables and I believe you can be strong contender in tourneys. I am also learning in final stage of tourney strategy. you might face few all in situation in final stages from player have low stack. you must be careful on those hands. for me also as beginner i have more success in tourney than cash games. still learning. hope this thread lead us to learn more.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
This happens because in freerolls you are looser than in mtts, and you can learn from this a lot.

22meandu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 out of 10 Hmmm . Will PM you as i would like to stake you . No one i know is even close to you as a player . I FT 1/50 and make a profit . :adore: . :icon_salu :star:

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Freeroll is a Freeroll, without risking anything you can win, and in the tournament for money in any case play and risk. Show your nickname in the poker room in which you play to see how you beat the field with the indicator ITM 30% freeroll king lol:D

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you get so well and often get into the final tables and win it is already good to get good results, but I agree with
kratos better play good tournaments and try to win good prizes!

N

notahead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on size your fields this is very very good results now you would need see large sample size determine actual equity but those excellent results in a decent size field

Miketheman190

Miketheman190

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Possibly u are good at extracting the chips from bad players. Plus competition is better not as many bad players giving away chips

cskwin

cskwin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It has lot reasons:
- Freerolls have more loose players than regular buyin games.
- Even decent players might make more mistakes in freeroll than in Paid games
- most important mindset of all in freeroll is cost nothing than losing time. so it will have more snap calls than paid game.
but it is impressive record you have. and good luck for the future games.

L

lolpogolol

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
freeroll king

thanks for the replys guys/gals i see what you are saying ty

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls have less responsibility. Players often take risks with weak hands so it's easier to reach the late stages of such tournaments.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are hard way.
this is a coin game.
but reaching the payout zone means to prove yourself very well. patience and composure.
I have already experienced this feeling 1 time. Poker is a whole world.

JusThieF

JusThieF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have more ability to play tourneys.If I were you I would invest more in tourneys than in cash games.

What do u mean he didnt wroted anythink about playing cash games table, just about Freroll tournament and those with own $ buyin?
Well about the thread i think thath only frerolls with restricted req. for chosen players are worthly to waste time on them for the others what are avaible 4 evryone is an hard option and to be honest u need alot of luck to win one becouse there are alot of bingo donkeys and begginers *All in* its almost same as the few cents buyins totaly diffrent gaming as 10$+ buyins i preffer to play those.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
probably speaking of the final tables you had in mind (ITM) getting into the prize zone !!! or are you doing so many final tables ???