Freeroll Difficulty

chacaito

chacaito

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I wanted to know how difficult it is to win a freeroll with 2000-3000 players, I wanted to start playing poker without investing my money, but I didn't win a freeroll tournament, is there any advice for freeroll tournaments?

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very very hard to win freeroll tournament with 2k runners much more 3k

the advice will be play as tight as possible and play your big hand as fast as possible

Tredford

Tredford

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
don't bluff because everyone calls everything - its not their money they are playing with.
...final table might be different with the $$ implications.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's hard because in freerolls you have many crazy guys and variance can be really brutal.

D

denys23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
1 - At the beginning of the tournament wait for the crazy people to kill themselves.

2 - Play only strong hands

3 - Never limp, always be aggressive

4 - Play in position

5 - When you're close to the bubble, start playing with medium hands and especially the same suit

6 - Pay attention to the players on your left, if they have a lot more chips than you, it will be difficult to play against them because they can pressure you

7 - Be patient, you don't need to play many hands. Patience is the key.

8 - Get used to bad beats

I'm no expert, but I always win a few cents in 888 freerolls

Hope I helped and sorry for my english, I used google translator

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Winning it is impossible because there is no strategy. Everyone plays their cards at random. You find all kinds of hands. Here winning becomes a stroke of luck.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play tight, hard and fast. Your either in with a good stack or your out and moving on to the next. Any good hands join the shove fest and build your stack. Yes it is difficult with 2-3k people but it is possible.

Jwl8092

Jwl8092

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight. Don't get distracted by the wild people. Be aggressive, but if you have a wild one at your table, set a nice trap. Best of luck to ya

JW

S

StressMit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good Luck with that.
With that many players it will take about 6-8 hours to
even play to get to the $$ & then it is spread out where you better make it to the final table to make the substantial $$. :eek:

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its important to come to the money in freerolls another thing if you will come to the final table, here you need a half part of luck

Vegas77

Vegas77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Be careful not to get sucked into a losing All-In hand. Less is more, if you know what I mean :D

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Also I don't feel that you need to win a freeroll, just aim to make it into the paid positions first

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very hard because in mtt you need a big amount of luck in order to win, so even if you make the best decisions you can still lose your entire stack on a coinflip or even when you are dominating you can still get a bad beat and lose your entire stack.

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In such a game, many players play with a bad card.

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should look at a group of freeroll (50 MTTs) to determine your strategy working on building a bankroll. 2000+ players MTT freeroll will require a certain amount of luck for a number of all-in occurs during the MTT. I would agree 2000+ players is tough at any level.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At 888 its somewhat easy to place in the $.. As for winning, I don't think I have actually won a freeroll, but have made many final tables :)

C

Clutchdenier

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its difficult - the freerolls on stars have good rewards but actually trying to get ITM is a nightmare.

You may have better luck on other sites such as 888, ACR and partypoker.

I can consistently get ITM on those sites but pokerstars seems to have a penchant for river beats and "setups" as some call it.

chacaito

chacaito

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, today I managed to get to position 60, I didn't manage to win anything but it's the furthest I've come, thanks to all of you, maybe soon I'll win a freeroll tournament, of course applying some of your advice

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Also I don't feel that you need to win a freeroll, just aim to make it into the paid positions first

This was exactly what I was going to say.

To the OP not sure if English is your first language and can see this is an early post but...

Declaring an intention to win 'open' free rolls is unrealistic. Stringy is correct to state first, set realistic goals. You want to navigate the free rolls (with a lot of crazy play) to get in the money.

But aside from that, you have joined Cards Chat so expend energy on getting to Silver Level and then Platinum as fast as possible. Then you can enter free rolls which feature a much smaller field of hundreds rather than thousands and also more prize money.

C

Cute Octopussy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s difficult, but real. First of all if it isn’t turbo tournament you need minimum 5 hours to get in top-50. Also if you play on PokerStars be afraid of Brazilian players most of them are crazy on low limits ( if you are Brazilian sorry, I don’t want to offend you. I just write about my experience. Not all people, but there are many crazy players). Also be patient. I read that others have written about it, but I repeat. Play premium hands and strong combinations.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I wanted to know how difficult it is to win a freeroll with 2000-3000 players, I wanted to start playing poker without investing my money, but I didn't win a freeroll tournament, is there any advice for freeroll tournaments?
tournaments with a large number of participants in general are a big lottery. But it all starts with the realization that recreational players are destined to be eliminated from the tournament early. If we play timidly against them and be wary of moves that statistically never happen, then we will not be able to maximize our profit. Yes, it will be much more difficult for the opponents to knock us out. If we balance our game, it will be much harder to beat us. But if we open our visors and strike ourselves, we can take the bull by the horns right now. We'll put our jaws on the line, but we must seize this chance.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's impossible to win such a freeroll, that's for sure)))

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

All of the freerolls are hard to win because you're playing really, really bad unpredictable players. I played like 5 hands top in the cardschat freeroll tonight for the first hour but was paying attention to the awful plays of people and it really made me tired, really tired, lol.

All ins before the flop with a lot of blinds, calling all in with mediocre hands like KJ when you didn't have to for your tourn life, steal attempts when you don't have a hand, folks over betting pots with monsters then not getting called and showing their hands, folks defending their blinds with trash hands and going all in, all those bad plays wear you down. And that's with only 120 players, 3000 is crazy.

Waste of time, unless you're doing it for a challenge.

Better off playing PokerSnowie or Advanced Poker Training bots or just studying.

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I won PS new year freroll with 5700 players. It's really 99% luck. Not saying I was playing bad but at 300-563 players mark the prize was 1.1$ tournament ticket which is exactly what I wanted. Below 300 players you get these useless EPT sochi sattelite tickets so I started to go all in with any trash hand I got dealt. I even said in chat what I had. I knocked out 3 players and got enourmous stack. But when there were less than 300 playersI just kept playing as usual. Applied a lot of pressure since I never gave a sht about this useless sattelite tickets. When I won the whole thing I felt like a biggest loser ever.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is by luck rather than by the level of difficulty. People play poker bingo there rather than a tight calculated poker game.