Are Free Rolls poker?

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cardschat freerolls are not as soft as some may think. The prize pool is also nice. Yesterday, I played two freerolls on SwC poker and guess what?! 1st place on 1st and 2nd place on 2nd :) Played more than 10 Cardschat freerolls, could not cash in one.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cardschat freerolls are not as soft as some may think. The prize pool is also nice.

It depends which level. On the platinum level most players are fairly serious, and its not much different than playing a normal 1-5$ MTT. Near the bubble they even tend to be a nitty affair sometimes, as apparently a 70c min-cash is very important to a lot of people :)

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s real poker, you really need to have some good skills to survive first half of the freeroll tournament, and to make some really tough decisions to go to the final stages. And of course,some time you have to be lucky. I think that they are not more different than micro stakes, and you have to know how to play in freerolls, need to have some kind of strategy that works that specific freeroll(not every freeroll is the same)

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Whenever people complain about soft games like freerolls being "a lottery", I also cant help feeling, they sort of dont understand poker. Yes I get it, those wild players increase variance. But against better players you are also going to be all in and at risk at some point. It just happen a bit later in the tournament, when blinds have gone up, and they usually have a more reasonable hand.

But its still luck, which determine, if your AQ gets there, or their 99 hold. So why is this totally different from getting your AQ all in early on against someone with the Doyle Brunson hand T2, because they think, its fun? AQ has a better chance to beat T2 than 99, so if your goal is winning, you should be happy about someone willing to get it in with T2.

I absolutely agree with you. Obviously, players who play with garbage give us a real opportunity to increase our bankroll. That's why freerolls are always a good opportunity for me, no matter what my opponents are.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
Freeroll game is the same poker game where beginners and less solvent players want to win and prizes:)

F

fegyo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its still poker, just you have to change basic strategy . Increase bet sizing and strong hands play very aggressive, to be allin before the river

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea, it is still poker. But as many have stated.....you are just not going to find the same seriousness in regards to freerolls. I just try to play every game, no matter the buy in, as solid as I can. At the end of the day take comfort in that fact regardless of the outcome. Best of luck to you!

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Free tournaments are an opportunity to bankroll and guide you on a professional path, because playing a freeroll correctly means you have discipline.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By the time you get to the final table the crappy players are eliminated and you get to play some poker.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The free roll is useful for a study of a cash game.

But it's very inefficient compared with studying a cash game by itself.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesn't matter a free tournament or a buy-in, there are unique personalities everywhere who have come to allay their boredom. By betting allin with any two cards.

C

chpoken

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
slightly different from playing with buy-in but still poker

DaaBee

DaaBee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is poker - If you play for fun or with friends.

Its not football, tennis or anything else, just Poker.

The players don't make the game, the rules do.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is poker. A great game. You can also experience wave mountains and valleys but it is only a game if you stay within your comfort zone.
You just have to enjoy the trip. :)

M

MickGreed

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love a good freeroll teaches you to be patience for one thing, when all the bingo players are done,