lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Hi. I wonder why almost all tournament players use the value of the big blinds to calculate their stack and not the value of the number M (stack / (SB+BB+all antes). Calculating the stack according to the big blinds in tournament play is not very precise because doesn`t take into account the antes. In the past, counting the stack according to the blinds was only counted to cash games, and in tournaments the conversion rate was based on the M number. Why was this indicator forgotten if it is more accurate?

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I imagine its likely just because its easier to work out.

But your point is good.

Also with different charts etc you can take antes into account, for shoving ranges etc.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It's actually the first time I've ever heard about this value. 😅

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi. I wonder why almost all tournament players use the value of the big blinds to calculate their stack and not the value of the number M (stack / (SB+BB+all antes). Calculating the stack according to the big blinds in tournament play is not very precise because doesn`t take into account the antes. In the past, counting the stack according to the blinds was only counted to cash games, and in tournaments the conversion rate was based on the M number. Why was this indicator forgotten if it is more accurate?
I don't really know why it has been replaced by some only rough stacksize categories. The 5 zones of the M-System were/are a great help.
IF you can use a HUD(pokerstars has it's 3 Color limitation so only 3 colors for 5 Zones) you can display your M-Zone at the table.
Perhaps this color limitation is one of the reasons, but I don't think so.