Which of the following statement is true?

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There could be more than 1 right answers.

- It is better to see more hands in a MTT.

- It is better to see less hands in a MTT.

- The number of hands you see does not have inherent value. The value is dependent on your skill. A good player would have +EV seeing more hands, a bad player would lose less EV seeing less hands.

Does seeing more hands increase or decrease the variance?

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What do you mean by 'see hands' please?

Do you mean hands played per hour? Hands dealt per hour? Percentage of dealt hands played?

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Comparing to cash it is better to see more hands in MTT, because of ante and shorter stacks.

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you mean by 'see hands' please?

Do you mean hands played per hour? Hands dealt per hour? Percentage of dealt hands played?

Rate of hands played per hour.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for my part at the start of the game I play wide and the more I advance in the game the more I tighten my game. because it allows me to decrease the effect of the variance and improves my luck to reach the final table.

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you are asking about how many hands your table sees as opposed to the other tables in the tournament, I think it varies. I like to see more hands early in the game. This allows for more chances to increase your stack size. As blinds increase and we get closer to the money, fewer hands is preferred. At this point, I am looking to maintain my stack and survive past the cutoff. This is a great time to increase stack size, but if the cards aren't coming, blinds can eat away earlier gains.

Once into the money, each bust means more profit, so less at your table is better. Let the other tables weed out their players through competition and blinding down. If two tables of five are left, the players at the one playing one hand every two minutes should survive longer than the players seeing three hands per minute.

All this said, I always act too fast. I seldom take more than a couple seconds to make my decisions, even though I know I should give myself more time. When I'm not playing, I often promise myself I'll count to five before each call/raise. During the games though.... call me quick click.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion, and many others. big players, which, of course, the more you see, the more likely you are to get into a good game. after all, you can't win chips if you don't take part in the game, this is a classic remark.