Folding KK ???

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This was 4th hand of a 45 player SitNGo on poker stars, and I should mention this has happened so many times I am now going to give up. When the logarithms or the RNG or the Poker Gods are against you it is virtually impossible to win. Since Jan 1 I have played 287 of these tournaments, winning once and ITM 26 times very dismal stats. Over the last 75 of these tourneys I have been destroyed and or booted 31 times all on large pocket pairs ten and up...mostly QQ..so when I get KK I min raise which I do, no matter what I am going to play, I am jammed and call and then....go figure...
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/1253o19Kh

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just your typical poker variance, just keep going

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Any pair other than AA fears an ace, as long as your opponent is willing to shove all-in with any ace, you are at risk with your small pocket pair, although you are always ahead but not much most of the time.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
About 28% of the time that will be the outcome.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is poker, sometimes luck is in our favor, and other times against, keep trying, good luck.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Investing on KK is not a bad idea, but when that ace appears, destroys your plans and go to next game!

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you played this hand correctly. It's just that the RNG is not on your side this time. You have 71.7% to win. I do not think that in all tournaments you have such a situation. Perhaps there are leaks in the game, the game in SitNGo is different from MTT. Well, maybe it's a down streak. Patience, perseverance and training will achieve a positive result.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
"folding" hand like this is probably only understandable when you are currently sitting out (and even then it may come back to haunt you lol) ...

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop is the only situation when the KK fold, and this is the satellite tournament when I have ITM soon and my chips are big enough to get into ITM.
Anyway, there is no situation for me to throw the KK preflop.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since Jan 1 I have played 287 of these tournaments, winning once and ITM 26 times very dismal stats.

287 tournaments might seem like a lot, but there is still going to be a lot of variance over a sample of this size, and many regulars will play 287 SnGs in less than a month rather than the 4+ month, it has taken you. You have most likely been running bad over these 287 SnGs, but its also possible, that your focus on bad beats like this one is preventing you from finding spots, where you actually have leaks in your game. Hiring a coach to help you with 50c and 1$ SnGs might be a bit overkill, but I think, it could benefit you to have someone else look over the entire hand history file from some of these 45-mans to find potential areas of improvement.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

I'll take pocket kings as many times as I can get them. It is almost impossible that I would fold them preflop unless there were ICM considerations.

Folding in Poker