Folding decent hands pre flop

RafaCastelo

RafaCastelo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
One of the hardest parts of poker learning curve for me has always been "let it go" 😄😄
This is one example where i thought my control would help me but it actually did not....
Preflopcall

folding this pre flop cause dude made an over raise on his JJ made me feel kinda dumb....

what are your thoughts?

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Obviously it will depend on the action and table position. There is no way to know what happened from the photo.
Since you got away with it, it was a good fold! Even more with 2 in action.

See the example above, do you think I would be beating a 4-bet from UTG?

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
See the example above, do you think I would be beating a 4-bet from UTG?
( depends on the flop:) ) villan could hold A x(big card) and it also depends on how much 3 betting and other stats on Villan so far... but as you could lose you spot in the tour, a fold might be the best option.

As for poster the fold is fine, you can not judge a fold from what the flop brings ... and in that spot you could lose alle your chips and be out of the tournament which would be a loss.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One of the hardest parts of poker learning curve for me has always been "let it go" 😄😄
This is one example where i thought my control would help me but it actually did not....
View attachment 312393

folding this pre flop cause dude made an over raise on his JJ made me feel kinda dumb....

what are your thoughts?
We want to be thinking about villain ranges if we think V has only top of range-JJ was bottom of raising range than the KQ is a fine fold no need to think u r dumb but if we thought we were flipping with the JJ V's range then the 3-1 odds is more than enough to call and play post flop. The study point is to review hands and see what range V are betting like this-

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
All I can say is that it was a good fold if you don't want to play coin toss!!!

denisthemenys

denisthemenys

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think about some times you forced to fold premium hands all depends tipe of game size Of the blinds etc so folding can be bad never know what’s coming 🤙

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It all depends on the size of the raise, I guess.

KQo is a decent hand but not sure how I'd go with a 3-bet.

So your fold is not totally weird even without knowing all the details.

:)

And of course any hand can connect perfectly with a board but it all depends on the long run probability of a hand to play it. :)

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello brother
I'm not going to comment on your crease, what's more, I could have done the same thing you did and I wouldn't feel like a fool about it. Just from what I can see, I'm telling you something I've read about the job manuals.
There are players who take these manuals very rigidly, according to UTG itself, they always open with good cards because in theory you have 8 more positions, you still have to see the course of the play and you can make different plays, such as 3bet, 4bet, etc.
But they also say, and I have seen it especially in many live tournaments, that when you make a miniraise opening from UTG or MP and the play reaches the CO cutoff or the BU button itself, those who are in this position take it very seriously. The manual that you always have to do 3 bets or 4 bets because they say that those positions are like command or fundamental. on the table.
In truth, this doesn't mean that the CO or the BU have, for example, AA KK AK or QQ, but that they manually take control of you even with hands like 77 for example.
If we're going to practice and think about not seeing the precious flop that was meant for you, considering your chip stack, it's possible that I would have equalized that hand.
Many times those calls have worked for me.
If you understand that what I am saying is true, put it into practice in an MTT and realize that the players who are at your table are very rare than those who are in those 2 positions CO and BU or open with a miniraise if the opening reaches them after that, others retire or make 3-bet or 4-bet almost always automatically.
It doesn't always happen, but I've seen this situation a lot at the tables where I play.
And well brother, the decision you made was right or not your decision, none of us can see the flop or the turn or the river beforehand, otherwise this would be very easy hahahaha
A big hug. Carlos;););) (y) (y) (y) (y) fron argentina

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not that strong of a hand to u be crying about it. Sometimes u fold 72o and don't mind when the trips come in the flop, the same goes for KQo. Don't be mad to when u make the right decision and the cards would make u worst hand a winner one.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You were unlucky, because you fell in a moment someone decided to play aggressively his JJ, and it wasn't the moment you decided to play your KQo. You folded a ready full house! Never mind, keep calm!o_O

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
learning to let go of jacks and queens is learning to stay alive at the tables longer.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you have a great hand why did you throw it I don’t understand download the hand training program and you will understand which hand is great to play

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I guess you've played right. Overbet in position of JJ is really strong, the guy with KT would lose most of time in this situation

_420_420_

_420_420_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Just one of those spots where you made the right fold at the time... in the long run good fold

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hardly get out of a good hand, this only happens in a few cases, one of them is when a good part of the table goes all in, against one or two I even go, but against many it gets complicated

reraee1

reraee1

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Here the fold was not a mistake! But next time you can shoot and luck is also present in poker!

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Nice fold, think how many times you hit some like this flop, and how many you don't..

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The answer is "it depends". What size is your chip stack? How early in the tournament is it? What is your position? Has there be a raise, reraise? How big is the bet? Are you close to the bubble? Are you running well? Opponents chip stack? How big ate the stakes? So many things to consider. Experience is the best teacher!

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This rarely happens so there is no need to regret. You can't call every time someone goes all-in.

oleg8519

oleg8519

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I'll tell you to preflop a lady lady against all-lyn if not in position, then it's not a miracle for me, as a rule, they move often

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you have a great hand why did you throw it I don’t understand download the hand training program and you will understand which hand is great to play

What is the name of this program? Could you suggest its name?

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
View attachment 312393

what are your thoughts?

Why?
You made the right decision.
The Flop only gave you the 2nd nuts anyway.

You would have won, as it happened you folded this time...but that's no excuse to play bad poker the next time.

rvicente13

rvicente13

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
normal.. whenever this happens to me I try to convince myself that if I had participated it would be different and because of my "unlucky" I would lose, I might even come K 10 10 10 2

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Jacks is a difficult hand. I prefer not to raise with them pre-flop; any over-card and your hand is as good as dead.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker