Status
Not open for further replies.
D

davidian

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i could never fold AA before the flop... say 3 people other than me go all in right...

bet ya at least one of them have an Ace and maybe a high kicker like a Queen... he would have to get 2 queens to beat me... one other might have a pocket pair but against AA :D ...
last man can have KQ, KK, JJ, KJ or something but im still the fav to win

R

rdizzy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I belive you have to call just because of the odds your getting for your money in this situation.

X

xreed

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Truely one of the times to fold AA is when you're not in the blinds and their are 15 people left with only the top 9 getting paid. It is a good fold if it's been raised, but don't go out of your way to put people out. Do not risk your chip stack for that mess, it isn't worth it.

D

davidian

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I dissagree xreedIf your in turnament and lets say tour in the middle with tour chip stack.. Pocket AA gives you a big chance to double up... So instead of getting 9th place and winning 10-12 $, maybe you can get a 4-5 place and win 30 - 40 $

Z

zeroin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Takes alot of disceplen to fold it but i wouldent even tho theres so many people in.

S

sportsak12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i always play AA its the best starting hand in poker so you have the better odds against everyone preflop i would never even think of folding AA

L

lilmayo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
this is an ingenius idea u have come across, no hand i dont care how strong is good against so many ppl

P

peter1811

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I totally don't like to go all in with AA..

A bigger bet ok, but i folded some AA when in a beginning hand.

My first AA in a tourney starting hand and some guy called all in.

I go all in ... AA against 46.... Rest of the Story ...

I AM OUT !!!!!!

Since this day i never call a all in with AA

X

xYOUNGBLOOdx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it kinda stupid to drop AA with 4 people.. you know you got your money in with the best hand like Matro said, it seems kinda goofy to me.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
id call. depending how the people who called already play, calling with AA should be fairly easy. if they're loose players, you know you most likely have the beat already (in fact you should be 100% sure). if they play tight, then you know they must have KK, AK, QQ, maybe even the other AK. this should be an easy call as well even if you know the rest of your Aces may be dead, you're still a huge favorite over KK, QQ, AK, and AQ. so, in this situation i would call...in fact, i would have my chips before the guy before finished putting his chips in...just to show the strength of my hand.

ive lost with AA when someone ran a flush on me. same thing when someone hit 2 pair..but what am i going to do about it? this is poker and im gambling with strongest starting hand possible. dont be scared to call with a very strong hand because its lost before. sometimes players get lucky, but luck doesnt win all the time.

S

sgt.peterson

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The way I would play it

Ok you have pocket aces, 4 players all-in. Would I play it?
First question I ask myself what is the chip count?
If I were chip leader with atleast a 2 to 1 ratio chip count over the next largest stack in the pot then i would chance it.
Explanation: You are getting 6 to 1 odds on your money depending on the blinds, ante, and all-ins. You also have the current best hand with decent outs. You could draw trips,a full house, or even a ace high flush if you are lucky enough to get 4 of the same suit on the board.

If I didn't have the chip ratio then I would let this hand go and kick myself later, but for now i would still be in the game with a brighter chance of winning.

B

bschuster788

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
bigfreelife said:
I came across an interesting post on another site as follows:

Lets say there is a table of 8 in a 100 dollar buy in tourny with crazy reckless, loose players..

it is the first hand, ur BB and dealt AA...
1st one to act goes all in
2nd folds
3rd goes all in
4th folds
5th goes all in
dealer goes all in
SB FOLDS
Its your turn... would you call this and play ur AA agianst 4 poeple?...
i folded mine and a flush won the pot....

Now lets just say you knew what they had..
1st: KJclubs
3rd: QQ
5th: 99
dealer: 78 diamonds
and somehow u had magical powers and you knew that the other players that folded didnt have aces. so u knew ur 2 aces was still in the deck...
Would u still fold??
I would... even though i have the best hand.. dont i still have less then 50% chance of winning the pot.. and its risking all my chips
i would probably call if only two or one person went all in, but with four people going all in it would be a tough call

N

n_bbb

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i would never lay down pocket aces

if im gonna go outo f a tourney
least im going out in style
with no regrets
at leeast i knew i had best hand pre flop
john

donK

donK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poket rockets - u never have to fold that hand in the preflop - coz nobody have a better hands than u - u start with the best hand if the luck help other on theres no problem - u do the right thing - play with the best hand of all

T

topple

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
do you think its an all in hand preflop in any position or do you slow playem how many players at the table?

J

JohnnyB3050

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would definately fold....it's hard enough for me to win with Aces against Kings let alone against 4 other people.

X

xdmanx007

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its simple pocket power reduces with every player in the hand.

P

phan12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would never ever ever ever, fold pocket aces with 3 other people in the pot, no way. Unless i believe the other person has pocket aces. That is the nut hand before the flop so how could you fold it?

B

billyhead

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would most likely fold and keep my eyes closed for the rest of the hand. You would have to figure that at least two of them also have a pocket pair, which puts the odds against you right there. Also, If I remember correctly, the best hand to beat pocket aces is a suited connector. Somebody, probably has that as well. Best to run and fight another hand. Why take a risk you don't have too.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4 Year old thread people.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator