Flush draw situation

maezma

maezma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing in 200 player tourney on weekend. starting stakes were 10,000.
Here's the situation. I'm in the small blind. Blinds are 400 and 800. 3 players limp in before it gets to me I just call and the BB checks. I have 8 5 off. Flop comes 746 two diamonds. I check the guy after the Bb puts in 800 2 more callers before it gets back to me. I reraise to 4100. Every one folds but one guy who has 8300 he goes all in. I call I have about 11k. He has QJ of diamonds. He wins the pot on the turn with another diamond. Do you think that was a good play by him to push with a flush draw?

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was a good move in the end because he won lol. I mean he was short stacked , he had a pretty good draw and there's nothing really scary on the board even though it wasn't raised preflop which if I was in his situation I would have. He just smooth calls he's still more than likely getting it all in on the turn if a Dimond hit or not , He was just to short to punk out of the hand

Flatran

Flatran

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in that situation from the perspective of the one who had QJ of diamonds, he may not have believed in your bet or thought you had a straight draw with a pair or he thought you were bluffing and decided to put all-in with the flush draw plus the chance of get some Q or J, besides that he did not have a very big stack.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was playing in 200 player tourney on weekend. starting stakes were 10,000.
Here's the situation. I'm in the small blind. Blinds are 400 and 800. 3 players limp in before it gets to me I just call and the BB checks. I have 8 5 off. Flop comes 746 two diamonds. I check the guy after the Bb puts in 800 2 more callers before it gets back to me. I reraise to 4100. Every one folds but one guy who has 8300 he goes all in. I call I have about 11k. He has QJ of diamonds. He wins the pot on the turn with another diamond. Do you think that was a good play by him to push with a flush draw?

He was getting the right pot odds to call you and bearing in mind there are 2 streets to go and the call would of been for half his stack meaning he would of more than likely got it in later anyway I like the move. Board isnt particularly scary for his overcards, he's got good odds if he gets called and if you fold he's won a massive pot.

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know if it was right or wrong because the dude was willing.
However, I would of represented my straight with a strong bet as there is no benefit to be passive in that situation of a community hand. Better to encourage a fold.

Had it went around with a check, the flush draw would of got a free card. If the flush hit, you may have been inclined to call.

In any situation, seems like he was willing to gamble.
That's why often I fold these hands, to prevent the situation from developing.

S

spadeit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's at least 2 and got a shorty involved I always expect someone to call or shove and chase that flush and hit it on the river. Shorty will generally always shove due to pot odds. Those situations are too typical in late stage tournaments. I've laid down straights before if it meant too big a hit to my stack.

Full Flush Poker