Flop with low cards

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you are the aggressor in the hand, your tendency is to represent high cards such as A, K, Q and J, when you open a low flop you are much closer to villain, who may have hit a set with low and medium pairs.

This type of low flop is much more in the range of the big blind who have favorable odds to defend position with connected cards and suited cards.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
When you open a big bet with high cards and the flop is low cards, it really is a danger, as Leandro says.

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I continue to bet. Often if the opponent plays well, he will take all the money. I give up after two bets.. I don’t want to. But it’s cheaper.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Low cards are fine, if you have a pair, and you can float some times, the problem is when your out of position, and give villan the opportunity to be the agressor, then it get problematic.

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Right,yesterday i lost a tournament with KQo, the bb checked the flop with lots of calls in a big bet pre flop,was a huge pot,they all checked the 33x flop,i shoved and the big open 34o and iam out XD
God bless

sabir

sabir

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you open a big bet with high cards and the flop is low cards, it really is a danger, as Leandro says.
the best strategy I think, you have to present a strong hand ,
but you need to know your opponent's opening range to make the right decision.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Right,yesterday i lost a tournament with KQo, the bb checked the flop with lots of calls in a big bet pre flop,was a huge pot,they all checked the 33x flop,i shoved and the big open 34o and iam out XD
God bless
I don't know how many chips you went all in, I don't know how many players were in the hand, but playing a big pot with many players in the hand is not the best choice, you would lose to all pairs from 22 to 99 which would only call your pre bet folp and for an eventual 3 in the opponent's hand, if the opponent had the pair of 22 you would have to be very lucky to turn your king or queen, playing KQo as a bluff is not the best option in this case.

your move was not with EV+, it seems to be a recreational move, but I hope it's wrong.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that if you play so tight and open only big cards = you will be exploited, you should play with a wider range

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you have to play not only with high cards, but sometimes let low cards in, otherwise you will be too passive and will be used in the future when you come out of the raise, small cards come out you will bluff the pot