Is flash-draw good for call all-in?

R

rainver

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm in SB having J9 hearts call, BB check, others folded. Flop AQ hearts, 9 clubs. BB is cheap leader, i have 11 BB, ante 1BB. 5BB in bank. I raised to 3.5BB. Man from BB go all-in. Why should i fold? Is flash-draw good for call all-in?
p.s. If i have time for thinking i can guess that man in BB have A with bad kicker like A3 or A5, thats why he check on preflop, so he goes all-in because his hand is dominating allmost all my calling range.

Last edited:
puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think at that stage of the game you have to give context. It's almost a perfect coin flip if he has any Ax. Not the best spot but if you're already itm this is a decent spot to make a last stand.

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 11 BBs there's not much you can do, just go all in and hope for the best. Even if he is ahead, you have 9 outs for the flush and a few more for two pair and three of a kind. If you want to be conservative, you've got 11 outs and that's more than 40% chance of winning. With your stack, you're probably not gonna get another shot as good as this.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think this should be a question, with 11 bbs I think you should have shoved on the BB. With a 11bb stack its going to be very difficult to play post flop, and flush draws are usually better to bet with than call with(you lose the added fold equity). Down to J4s is a great shove there.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually flush draws on the flop have become easy allins for most, but only expect to get there 35%. Most of the time you can use it as a good semi bluff. Also remember not all flush draws are created equal. Better to have flush draws with two overs and some straight draws.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Plus your flush draw may be up against a better flush draw. Happens more often than one would expect.

roterdama

roterdama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
answer

I'm in SB having J9 hearts call, BB check, others folded. Flop AQ hearts, 9 clubs. BB is cheap leader, i have 11 BB, ante 1BB. 5BB in bank. I raised to 3.5BB. Man from BB go all-in. Why should i fold? Is flash-draw good for call all-in?
p.s. If i have time for thinking i can guess that man in BB have A with bad kicker like A3 or A5, thats why he check on preflop, so he goes all-in because his hand is dominating allmost all my calling range.
i Thin call!:D

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's okay and I think the same as you have Ace with a mediocre kicker but I think it's a good decision in terms of hand and pocision:bath:

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I agree with TeUnit here you don't want to go to a flop with 11bbs , it's a standard open shove SBvsBB and the fact that you have J9 suited makes the play more than standard.

To answer your question without take into consideration table's dynamics, a flip is welcome here , I think you also have a backdoor potential for a straight. In same situations you need to look if you have some over cards , that will make easier your decision!

S

suener

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call an all-in short stack any time in a tournament, when i hit the flop AND have flush draw. You have about 50% chance in most times. Even if opponent hits straight or set in the flop, you still habe better outs then playing preflop all-in with AQ against AK.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If I were in your place, I would have made a pass, because the flush draw was not up to K and before J, and also because a flush draw is not the combination with which to call all inn, except in some individual cases. In general, there are a lot of factors to consider in this situation, you have described the situation incompletely, because it is difficult to give advice in this case.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I call the all in if im not already in.

M

Meepomancer1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should have gone all in pre-flop, probably. But since you are in the hand already, let's do some maths. You have to call 6,5BB to receive 27BB, in which case it would be profitable to make the call if you are winning 24% of the time. Assuming he has only one pair, you have 51% equity, more or less, so it's absolutely a call

Minus272c

Minus272c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should have gone all in pre-flop, probably. But since you are in the hand already, let's do some maths. You have to call 6,5BB to receive 27BB, in which case it would be profitable to make the call if you are winning 24% of the time. Assuming he has only one pair, you have 51% equity, more or less, so it's absolutely a call

I agree - better to push or fold preflop

Calling BB with 11bb stack, is essentially playing a J high hand out
of position, and is the worst option imo.

I also agree that when you do play it like that, a flush draw is more than you could
hope for. What else did you expect to flop.
With so low stack its auto all in on flop with every flush draw, any pair hit, any str8draw
once you play it like that ;)

bijan777

bijan777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If tour and is your life time tour
If can reby call and if not have reby option fold
If cash geam how much stak left
Befor all in
And depended to you bank roll

P

Principg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say you should shove here..11 bbs from BTN..
I mean, you def don't have enough chips to play post-flop. And through this hand i think you understood why is like that.
As played, yes, you have to call there..you don't have much behind, and there is already good % of chips in pot comparing to your stack.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Considering the fact that you have already invested most of your money in the bank, you have only one option left: go all-in !!!!

MolonAA

MolonAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with 11bb yes, and when you're giant against a smaller stack I think it's worth

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should have either shoved all-in preflop to steal the blinds, or at least check the flop. Why would you bet on a hand with nothing? Try to get the next card for free. As you bet and he shoved all-in you are forced to call, for sure. If you check and BB raises, you have another decision to make depending on the bet size.