Fishy mistakes

W

Wiflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm in the money in a MTT. I was wanting to apply pressure to the table and blinds.
I picked a bad spot.

Would you raise here? Or avoid the hand completely?
Fish1

I was hoping to take the pot down.
Fish2

Fish3

This hand ended my fishing trip!

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
case case for at the beginning of the tournament evi yes for this in a tournament of high limits and in general you are bad in the hands at the beginning of the tournament!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I get what you mean by trying to put the pressure on the small stack but think this was a not the best of spots to try here. Looking at the stack sizes and you stack if we raise we are most likely committed to call here too. With 7 players behind you there is a very good chance someone will have a hand behind you. If its a pair you have about 30% equity to win, there is also a chance someone has an Ace besides you and if they do you only have 35% equity in the hand. Your best hope is there is a call with KQ or something like it where you have about 60% equity to win the hand here. Also some of the stacks are so short you may get called a lot more here than usual and very possibly by 2 players and your A3o is not looking so good. Depending on the players at the table I would lean towards folding it here. We are short but can still play after going though the blinds.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you are looking to take it down a min raise is not that good here. Like he said above there are too many people behind you that can call or raise. If you would have popped 12000 maybe you would have got the quick folds. Most of these questions dont give enough information. If the other players have been folding to a min bet then maybe it was a good move but A7 calling shows you didnt have a strong table image or he has a tendency to defend his big blind. Then your bet of 8100 when the queen flopped did scare him at all. I think you picked the wrong position, the wrong raise and the wrong blind to attack.