First Wsop, Razz!

888Lives

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I won some extra pocket change at the slots, and decided to book a trip to Vegas in June. I am entering my first ever wsop tournament this June, going to play the $1500 razz tournament. I only ever played one other live tournament before. It was a holdem tournament, I folded my pocket kings preflop to a pocket queen shove (he showed after I mucked). I tilted and busted out shortly afterwards.

I have had some success with micro online tournaments (HORSE , HE, Razz). The thought of playing such a huge and high stakes tournament sure is daunting! I ordered Skalansky on Poker and also Play Razz to win, for some quick tips. Still waiting for these to be delivered.

Any tips on how to play live razz tournament poker? Also, any tips on how not to play so scared and not be bullied around?

valen.bs.95

valen.bs.95

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I have never played live tournament poker but would love to have the experience

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I've never played razz live, it sounds like a nightmare trying to keep track of the cards live,
Brunsons super systems 1&2 have some good chapters on most of the non holdem games,
as for not being bullied I would just consider that buyin gone, it's not but it will be if you worry about it,
just play your game, gl!

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Good luck and have fun! The WSOP Razz tournaments are on my bucket list for a long time,too and I hope I will join you one day in these tournaments 😁

A

a1232

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Good luck with it, hopefully you’ll be at the final table :)

888Lives

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Thanks for the good luck! I’ll make sure to post an update later on.

I’m thinking of bringing a notepad to write down which cards are in play to keep track. Is this allowed? It sounds lame I know, just weighing all my options.

WSOP