First hour of tournaments

K

kngofpkr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get so bored at first hour of any tournament i play so i always play recklessly and because of this i rarely reach the money if i got luck. Is there anyone else feel this way and if so, please tell what you do to get over it. Thanks.

KidCarter93

KidCarter93

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never used to have the patience to focus on a long tournament grind so would normally also get bored playing them, although I'd get bored later into the tournament where you need to focus more. What helped me get over that boredom and stop me punting my stacks away was to open up a cash zoom table on the side. That way, it's something which isn't gonna require too much focus but helps keep your mind active as there's always a hand available to play.

Failing that, play turbos and hypers!

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If I play poker I never get bored. If you are bored, you may be better off finding another hobby.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Board is one work that does not go with poker for me. I love every aspect of the game. If you find it getting board early on or late you may want to try a different version of the game like sin n go's or cash games.

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing recklessly is sure way to avoid boredom.
Imho playing really tight could get boring.

You need to find your play somewhere in between

:sleep: :trytofly:

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get so bored at first hour of any tournament i play so i always play recklessly and because of this i rarely reach the money if i got luck. Is there anyone else feel this way and if so, please tell what you do to get over it. Thanks.
If you're bored, maybe you don't play enough tables? And if the download is optimal, then you need to jump into late registration!

W

WJMKAM

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play every hand, but you cannot win that way.

Work on only playing the best hands early.