Finished 4th at FT

Lugubrious

Lugubrious

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
finished 4th in a 250gtd i was 3rd in chips blinds 10k/20k i had 17 BB's & jammed w A8o,will post a youtube vid later on today, I received $20 so no complaints but would appreciate feedback

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
congrats on your win, it's making all difference, right?

Now, apply some good BRM, and invest in your poker career :)

Wish you good luck in the next tourney.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
did you open jam? with 17 bbs, a8o, 4 handed, you could probably just standard open in that spot. i don't think the jam is terrible but with 17 bbs, you still have some maneuverability. plus, how many bbs did 4th in chips have?

either way, congrats on the 4th place finish.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why did you jam A8 with 17 bb? What was your thinking in that moment, Did your opponents over folding, did you to many times go all in, what was your table image? My thinking without dose information that you overplayed your hand, and you had lots of time to find better spots to do things like that with better hands

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations. I wish you continue to grow your bankroll. There is always a good mood after the final table. It's always great.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With 17BB open jamming is usually only the best play, when its down to blind vs. blind, or if you are a massive chip leader and can apply a lot of ICM-pressure to everyone else. Its not terrible though, and if you are going to implement a split strategy, where you mini-raise some hands and open jam others, then a hand like A8o fits fine into the open jamming range, because it plays so poorly postflop.

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats first of all. Maybe with that amount of BB you should wait a little bit stronger hands, to jam it. Do you were last in the tour or there was someone with a smaller stack then you? Its not terrible play, but in the future try to hold your breath just a little more.
All the best nice win