Final table strategy (MTT)

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find the correct way to play is being very aggressive preflop in tight final tables. But my question is about final table that has donks or maniacs who can bust any time. I have came to conclusion its smarter to play pretty tight and not even steal the blinds in +EV situations at all with Medium stack because the chance of players busting out soon is very high. That way you dont end as a winner so often but it seems to be the most profitable in certain tables. Do you agree with that?

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Based on my stack going into the final table, I will try and let a few people (who are just happy to have made the FT) bust out. I am still playing my top hands and stealing once in a while when the perfect situations fall into place, but for the most part I'm laddering up a few notches before I get silly with it.

If I'm lucky I can get a double up before we get down to 6 or 7 handed and then I can open up a bit more.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find the correct way to play is being very aggressive preflop in tight final tables. But my question is about final table that has donks or maniacs who can bust any time. I

Essentially, the answer is in your question. Donkey and maniacs - these are the very players who play super-aggressively and often go bankrupt. :D

M

miktux

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When final table start i see always atleast few players go to aggresive and lose in first hands :D so my advice probably dont be to aggresive for first hands :D

qRock

qRock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on the size of the stack, the strategy of the game at the final table should be different. Usually for 9-8 places the winnings are still not too high and you should not risk too much with an average stack. With a large stack should play more arrogant, putting pressure on tight opponents. If I have a small stack, I try to increase it, possibly playing against the same short stack.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
A valuable part of my final table strategy is to identify the sharks and whom they play to stay as long as possible at the table.

Something that I always try to put in my favor is the position I occupy on the table and take advantage of stealing as many blinds as possible, when I realize that the other players' cards are not the best.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I find it best to play tight ninety-five percent of the time and loose five percent of the time. I also find it don't seem to matter where in the game you are at.

N

NeoBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight let other do your work

The final table should be played like a 6 or 9 man sit-n-go. You should let your opponents knock each other out and as you have premium hands than play but for the most part you should sit back relax play tight aggressive playing only best hands if you don't hit than fold don't bluff. Play your best this can give you the win.

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find the correct way to play is being very aggressive preflop in tight final tables. But my question is about final table that has donks or maniacs who can bust any time. I have came to conclusion its smarter to play pretty tight and not even steal the blinds in +EV situations at all with Medium stack because the chance of players busting out soon is very high. That way you dont end as a winner so often but it seems to be the most profitable in certain tables. Do you agree with that?

I agree, a lousy hand that hits could knock you out, you flop a good hand and you hit the jackpot.

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When have those players at the final table I also play more tight and I prefer to play against them in position

LanaRhoades

LanaRhoades

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Final table I push or fold.This is my strategy.I don´t like to 3bet or just call.

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"because the chance of players busting"
tyhis is not donks/maniacs this is great poker. The ICM preasure and ICM play in general what makes a great pokre player (mtt) if some1 abuse this (knowingly or not) makes that good. A great exmpl is hand like AK an easy call chipEV and icm can usually be a fold

W

wtpoker123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Argesive is key

Build ur stack by applying pressure to the players' especially with ICM

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play the final tables in the same mold the only difference is that you should play more hands