Final table strategy

T

troma

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I want to know how you feel when you reach final table with the fewest chip?

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I feel like everyone at the table wants my head, so there's not much I can do, and playing with the rules under my belt, ICM at this time is very important.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
normal, just play tight and wait for a good hand to Go All in!

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, troma! I think, to reach a Final table in Poker is a Big success already! And further, as will Luck, because Poker is unpredictable,
and can with the fewest chips to become a Winner! I had that the wonderful moments in my Poker life! This is as from Zero to Hero!

Luka22guro

Luka22guro

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
normal, just play tight and wait for a good hand to Go All in!
why play all-in all the time? I think this is a bad strategy, there are many hands that can be opened, it depends on your bank and how many people are playing and what tournament you are playing, if you play a knock-out, you can earn a lot at the final table because there are knockouts for the whole game, and if you play a regular holden, then you have to play really carefully there because the reward for each prize place is very different. I play a lot of hands at the final table, the main thing is to get the situation right because even with AK, AA, KK you can lose, it all depends on the range of players and how you play

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Choose the right situation, opponent and take risks: this is the only way to increase your stack and hope to continue the fight for victory. It is best to face opponents with medium stacks: they have something to lose.As a chip leader, don’t escalate the situation unreasonably; you don’t need any extra action either. Of course, the game can become looser, but you still shouldn’t slide into an outright manic style.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It really depends on how short you are compared to everyone else. I know you said you have the fewest chips, but having 25bb when every else has 30bb, is a very different situation to if you have 5bb and everyone else has 30bb.

The simple answer is continue to make good poker decisions. Take into account the value of the pay jumps, but don't let it paralyze you into not playing hands that you should be.

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm feeling positive because I'm already at the final table, I'm just waiting for a good hand to push and then the card will fall out

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at first it's always good to reach the final table, in second comfort of playing with short stack depends on average stack, aggression level of players, specially of the chip leader... as usual it all depend on luck. I've been watching FT of SM many years ago where 6 out of 7 remaining had average or above average stack, the shortest stack was german player who lost over 40K during his career... step by step he climbed up to average stack and wanted to deal when 5, then 4, then 3 remained, even in HU he asked for a deal, but the other player rejected the offer cause that german amateur was so loose, but funniest thing is that he was lucky enough to win the 1st place.

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on how and when I lost those chips and whether I deservedly got to the final table.

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In my opinion you arrive calm, not comfortable. But it's good to know that you don't have much to do but wait for a good hand, in case it's a KO tournament obviously the rivals will be desperate for your reward, that's why you have to select your hand very well. Good.
If you're not KO, you have a greater range of hands that, in my opinion, will go with everything.

Let me explain, you can't go all in in a KO with, for example, 10 J knowing that your opponent will pay you if your KO is profitable with a Q4 and you are dominated.

On the other hand, it's highly unlikely that you will be paid in the same situation without the motivation of a reward.

emgesi

emgesi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
In that case you concentrate on the blind, big small-I continue 🙂🙂🙂

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
When that happens, I think we all have the same thought: I'm an easy target, but I simply try to have positive thoughts and do my best to try to go as far as possible. If it's nerves or that kind of thing, it's not at all, I think. I have never felt nervous at a final table