final table strategy

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
playing at the final table you get more satisfaction.And if you're in the top three-you have to try to win.It is at this table that the most interesting part of the game begins.Only play that card a lot.Not all of it..I can only bet on a few aces or kings.And someone puts on any card.Is that a sign of fatigue ? Or what is the calculation?

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
My dear, I guess you should put such questions in poker general part of forum.

Of course, the FT part is the best part. But it definitely depends on what stack you have, when you enter the FT. This determines what cards you can play somehow. And of course also what other people have. If someone is very short, he has probably a wider range to push.

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Being as I have only reached the final tbl so few times , I am not one to give advice on this . Sorry . anytime I have made it that far ... it is usually late , my bedtime , so I generally just try to go out .

terradan

terradan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
whiskers77 said it perfectly. If you've showed up with a short stack you are shoving with a wider range. If you've arrived with a healthy stack, you're waiting for the lower stacks to bust out, then change gears to hopefully run over everyone.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Usually, it depends on the behavior of the opponents.
I only try to play with strong cards, but if I see that the opponents make mistakes, I am ready to use it in my favor.

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing at final table isn't easy at all, especially after 4-5 hours since the tournament begun so players do mistakes sometimes playing wrong cards or doing wrong bets but these things are in your advantage; poker is also an endurance game so if you are a person with increased resistance ( especially menthal resistance) be sure you have a big advantage against the opponents.;)

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Knowing that you are a nit player under you specially come with trash and exploit your range, creative players always sees it and do not be surprised that you often get the badbeats because of such dynamics.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I play poker for 5 months.
And at the final table I was only 3 times. I try to play very carefully.
Sometimes my caution prevents me from getting the chips of my opponents.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
When I'm at the final table, I'm trying to play the right hands in the right way!

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If we are talking about a small number of players at the last table, then it is necessary to play and raise on the average map. You can not always choose a good card. Here and bluff is more often used than throughout the game.

D

dane petty

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All depends on your situated in my opinion. Your to the left of two big stacks for example it makes it hard to steal with medium hands etc. stack size is a major part and also your opponents styles. Loose, aggressive... there’s several circumstances that decide as to how I chose to play.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play with patience and good hands.

natasha555

natasha555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the final table, you need to play more carefully and patiently, because the highest payout is the 1-3 place.

well_cap1302

well_cap1302

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your blinds define the way you should play at the final table, starting with the aggressive mode may help if you have a few blinds, with several you can at the beginning choose some hands to play.

A

AceKing725

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Red Zone

By FT, you are often in the Red Zone*, so you are usually up to an "all-in or fold" situation.

That's from Dan Harrington's NLHE tournament book. Don't read it! You might be at the same table as me...

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello.
I play poker for 5 months.
And at the final table I was only 3 times. I try to play very carefully.
Sometimes my caution prevents me from getting the chips of my opponents.

In yours specific situation i recomend to play 9 players sit and go. There you have all the situations of a big tournament happening in a short time.

kara260588

kara260588

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've only been at the final table a few times. Basically, my game depended on the stack.

from the stack, the number of cards that I'm ready to play

K

kmax11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sitback laddar up and wait on a great hand

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play smart, play your position, and play your opponents

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can help you play a little looser ... high cards are more important here .. not playing tight is the best option .. although you should not do crazy things either.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello!I remember one final table 3 or 4 years ago.I watched the broadcast, Sunday million.Players don't remember.But it was a memorable situation.Three players left.Put all the Bank.One of the players lost almost everything.He has very little-less bayin.This player bets all 7 times in a row and wins the tournament.Great luck.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your strategy depends on many factors, the size of your stack, the type of players you are playing against.
If you are a big stack, you must press the players with fewer chips, and if you have little BB, you have to play aggressive to try to double his stack.

Gamer1

Gamer1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to play a lot of hands to win and be able to throw off when you need it then the result will not keep you waiting, but no matter how we would not like all the same not so often we are at the table in the finals, especially when the kilobol