my final table results over my years of playing mtts

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2007-present mtt final table results

this isn't a brag post and i hope it doesn't come off as such. please keep in mind that this is only looking at my mtt final table results and not my total mtt results.

so, a little about my poker 'career'. i'm a very casual poker player and poker has always been a fun, entertaining hobby for me and nothing more. i've never had any desire to play high stakes, make a ton of money (i have made some online and live), or anything like that. i put in low volume (tried multi-tabling a lot at the start, but i didn't like it), take frequent breaks whenever i get bored of it, don't run trackers, and for the most part, don't even pay 100% attention when i play. majority of the time, poker is secondary to whatever else i'm doing. i like to multi-task when i play because i can't be bothered to sit and watch a screen for hours, waiting for my turn to act. it just doesn't work for me. it's safe to say that i don't take poker seriously, at all.

i enjoy playing mtts because i like the thrill of running deep, making a final table, and finishing in the top 3 spots. it doesn't matter how big the field is and i've played in fields from 18-3000+ entrants, it's all the same. that's my main motivation when i play, the excitement that mtts bring.

i wanted to see all of my final table results over the years of playing, so i put together a list from all the information i could find. there are some results missing from sites that are no longer active, like absolute poker and ultimate bet. even though i fondly remember taking 3rd place in a $5 mtt for $200 on absolute poker (it was my biggest mtt cash at the time), i didn't include it because i don't know the exact date it happened. so, everything is as accurate as i could get it. i only included mtts and mtsngs, so no single table games. i separated the mtts by years active and sites i played on, but no longer do. i didn't take into account for for the exact month i started/ended playing or any breaks taken during years active, but breaks are noticeable in the gaps between final tables listed. i think i'm fairly consistent with making final tables, so any big gap in between dates is likely a break taken.

i can see the evolution in my game from when i started to my current years. while part of it does have to do with reduced field sizes, i like how i have increased my top 3 finishes and now have more top 3 results than my bottom 4th-9th results. it's actually pretty cool to see.

Last edited:
Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on your success. Top 3 finishes are definitely where the money is. I keep track of my top 3 finishes as well on a spreadsheet (though sadly there aren’t many). Keep crushing it and nothing wrong with a brag!

Ellvira

Ellvira

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
congratulations, a good result, the most important thing is that you are playing plus, I will also start keeping such statistics , I have my first victory in Sit&Go so far

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats on your success. Top 3 finishes are definitely where the money is. I keep track of my top 3 finishes as well on a spreadsheet (though sadly there aren’t many). Keep crushing it and nothing wrong with a brag!
you'll build up that list, just keep making those deep runs and final tables.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
congratulations, a good result, the most important thing is that you are playing plus, I will also start keeping such statistics , I have my first victory in Sit&Go so far
congrats on your first victory! keep it up!

Ellvira

Ellvira

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
f20441cdbd7123c98382d5aff79c558a.png
a small but first victory