Final table last night

C

Cbet buddy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
played a final table last night in my first tournament, I’m in the big blind and pick up A10 off, the UTG+1 player shoves for 60k effective, this was his fourth time all in in the last hour. I’m sitting on 59k, it folds around and I make the call. He shows AJ off I’m crushed. Was it a good call, or would you wait for a better spot?

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You didnt had a mistake... you was strong... This is poker!!! Nice play... Good Luck

Dchoyt82

Dchoyt82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
played a final table last night in my first tournament, I’m in the big blind and pick up A10 off, the UTG+1 player shoves for 60k effective, this was his fourth time all in in the last hour. I’m sitting on 59k, it folds around and I make the call. He shows AJ off I’m crushed. Was it a good call, or would you wait for a better spot?

I don't think it's a bad call.

I personally would say wait a little bit longer. I feel people often rush short stacks all in and need to be more patient.

W

whosdaboss25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have picked a better spot with a shove in front of me. AT at a final table is not the best of calling hands. how ever I do see you case for the call you said he was allin four other times in the last hour did you keep an eye on what he had the other four times and what he was holding? you have to see what people are playing throughout the tourney. Because that is a big part of it paying attention to what your opponent is playing during the tournament not just one hand. And if the other four times he was shoving with AA KK QQ and JJ then the call was bad. If he was shoving with 23 85 28 than your call may have been good until that time.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd certainly shovewith A10 off in your position, not sure I'd be calling an all in when I need to commit my entire stack to it.

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have a hand stronger. But in poker you can never say with certainty what cards your opponent has. It was only the first tournament. Over time, you will often encounter situations that can negatively affect your gaming mood. You will be a short stack, and will reset the weak hands in relation to your position at the table and your opponents. A flop would show you the monster. Such situations will be a lot. But playing a hand in which you are not sure you are going to lose your stack. You should play more.

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Where did you play?
Do you have any screenshots from your play or log's?

Reaching FT in any tournament is a sign of good play, skills and luck :)

Keep up with good scores.

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's more important to know how many BB (big blinds) you had left in your stack. I am assuming you both were around 10-15 bbs ? If that is the case then I would have probably folded to an up front shove. However if that shove had come from a later position player like the button or HJ (hijack) then I would be more likely to call.