I think that at final tables you need 100% attention to the game

S

stephan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in this article, share with us about your tactics in the tournament finals

In the tournament finals, you have to be very careful on what hands you play because the ante's getting high and people start calling ridiculous amounts so you really gotta know what you have is good or try to bluff everyone.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
aggression and pressure on small stacks
and of course the luck factor

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on your current stack size, I would generally play passively until a few players have been knocked off, then when there are about 2/3 of players left I would change gears and play more agressively.

B

Boreyko506

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to play more aggressively and put pressure on the short stacks

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's a fun video I did with BenCB on final tables

I've also got a section on this in my MTT video guide http://gripsed.com/mtt

Ryan Laplante also has a lot of great stuff for MTT training.

Main thing is pay attention to your stack size, the stack size of everyone else, this will help you determine who to go after and who to stay away from :)

And if you make it that far, know that you're already a major winner for just that!

T

Tolyanchemp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in AK
AQ
AJ
A10
jj
QQ
KK
AA
suited 89 910 j10 jq qk

pro100phil

pro100phil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there is no definite strategy for the game on the final table. Much depends on the size of the stack, on opponents, on the structure of the blinds, etc. Each final table is unique.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you make it to the final table, you know how to play. Just open up your game and get lucky.

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Personally I try to play carefully and be very aggressive against the low chips but also with a very open hand range since most only expect a pair of pockets or premium cards

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play very carefully. At the final table payout is constantly changing. I watch the entire table stack sizes. I usually try to play medium-strength hands limp only after the table chip leader already in the drawing. It helps to understand the hands of the players that make the raise and a time to fold. If other players enter the pot then limping can see the flop. If the chip leader comes into the draw limp while often his arms would be weaker than my hands.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remain focused on the games of my opponents. if I have a good stack. I try to steal some blind while waiting for the short stack to be forced to play and bust. otherwise with less than 10BB it's all-in with a good preflop hand.

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Personally I try to play carefully and be very aggressive against the low chips but also with a very open hand range since most only expect a pair of pockets or premium cards

T

Tolyanchemp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Strategy without tactics is a long way to victory, but tactics without strategy are vanity before defeat. 90% of players make a mistake when they try to win one particular hand, instead of trying to win the tournament.

K

kubistok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest mistakes were to change my style of play on the final tables too much, so I try to play my game all the time.

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The two most important factors at the final table are chip sizes and position. If you raise UTG, you better be ready to reraise a 3bet. If the chip leader is 1-2 spots to your left, it is much harder to steal blinds, but you have to do it anyway.

Most hands on the final table never see a showdown, so you have to be selectively aggressive. Factor in your position and chip size even more than earlier in the tournament.

linaxmama

linaxmama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's good to be well focused and above all, not to be afraid to play, always exploring the best opportunities