Final table

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello friends I'm having a problem I've reached 3 final tables in the league university and I can not beat it I always finish 7-8-9 only once I finish 2 but I had more than double the chips when I reached that point.

I would like to hear your advice on how to play at the final table of a mtt tournament and what ranges of hands advise me to play either coll or all in

any advice is welcome.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Usually I start relative tight at the FT and wait until they eliminate each other at the beginning, especially when my stack is healthy. Of course when I am already very short, I have to wait for a good spot to push and hopefully double up or drop out. When I am among the last 5 players I open up my range.

DFozzi

DFozzi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was at the 4 FT this month in the University league, once I called 1st place, 4-7-8
I know for myself that the advantage in the stack can be lost for a couple of hands.

The advice I can give is simple. Do not overestimate your hand having the advantage on the stack. And if there are no dirty crossings, then everything will be fine.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I would play only good hands, but I would also expect them to be eliminated among them, I guess that the further you get, the more points you earn, many times in those final tables you must have a little patience and analyze a bit more the games and the players

cskwin

cskwin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Relatively tight play in the early stage of FT will help when you have good stack. mostly we face all in situation from low stack players is like a bingo. try to avoid pre flop all in even when you have decent hand. most cases all in preflop can go either way. I am learning too, hope you have a good win next time around. cheers.

H

hooble1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Steal off the player who's in 2nd last. THAT's the guy who doesn't want to play any hands 'cause he's waiting for the guy in last to bust.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well

Well, It is my opinion that a player needs to run fairly good at the final table if they are going to win. I have tried to make things happen at final tables but that seems to send me home early. I usually finish first or second win I run fairly good and/or at least don't run bad. Most tournaments seem to come down to weather you can win that key flip or two.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Steal off the player who's in 2nd last. THAT's the guy who doesn't want to play any hands 'cause he's waiting for the guy in last to bust.

I like the way You think.

I would rather play a very tight game at the FT, especially when You have one of the bigger stacks at the table. A tight image allows for some steals to protect your stack against the blinds. This way You can afford to wait for good cards and flops in your favor... Observe the play. If You spot a loose raiser You can collect tons of chips by re-raising them if You have build a tight image.

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the final table, I would stick with playing good hands, for short and middle stacks do not mind to push a decent range of hands, because they are about to be off with sufficient winnings. When the stacks of remaining players are roughly the same, it is better to play a bit looser.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tight at first, then, if substantial chips loosen up some.

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The final table is rarely given easily. Accordingly, it is necessary to play tight on it. Especially, it concerns MTT. This is my advice.

E

eggtart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Final table can be about stack sizing , and how the payouts are will dictate how the players play. Usually playing tight in the beginning is a good strategy. Observe who is playing to win, and who is playing to move up. After awhile it will become obvious.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It's hard to say how to play correctly.

It's hard to say how to play correctly. You always need to look at the situation. It all depends on what you stack, how many players are left, aggressive or passive players, what positions you are in, and many other factors. If you have never won tournaments at all, then you need to carefully review your game, and if you just hit 3 or 4 times for the final table and could not take the first place, then maybe the problem is not in your game.

S

shadow72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the mistakes many players make when at a final table is thinking that since they've had a good run to get that far, that it will just continue like that. The problem is, the other players at the FT are in the same boat.

Bearing that in mind, I treat a FT like a new tournamnet. I play slow/tight at first and try to get a feel for what my opponents are doing. If I'm a big stack, I target the smaller stacks who are probably waiting to ladder up. And once I make it to the top 4, I open up my range quite a bit.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friends I'm having a problem I've reached 3 final tables in the league university and I can not beat it I always finish 7-8-9 only once I finish 2 but I had more than double the chips when I reached that point.

I would like to hear your advice on how to play at the final table of a mtt tournament and what ranges of hands advise me to play either coll or all in

any advice is welcome.
My friend..

do not change a thing, you are clearly playing well to hit final tables and you just need some luck at FT stage, this has happened a lot to me lately as well and yet i believe in my game..if i was to give you any advice..when you make a move, think of what you are prepared to do if the villain(s) reraise or jam..think streets ahead

good luck from the pirate

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wait for pocket pair or go with a strong hand like an ace carol. And try to avoid the allin. Your task is to stay in the game for as long as possible. You can try to steal chips from the big blaind is the showed a passive game before.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
You need to try to be more patient. Wait for a good opportunity, and try to make the most of this situation. Good luck.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i won't be giving advice on how you should play ft as there is a lot to talk about. just play a few STT and get used to it. the only difference is that in stt everyone starts with the same amount of chips so because of icm implication you have to play tighter than a normal thousands players final table.

cocojambo

cocojambo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you need to study end games.Final Tables are differents because of the shoves.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning of the final table try to play tight. Many players get tired and quickly drained his stack by playing too aggressively. When half of the table will play all the hands are above average. In heads up play is not too tight.