Final Table

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello friends I'm having a problem I've reached 3 final tables in the league university and I can not beat it I always finish 7-8-9 only once I finish 2 but I had more than double the chips when I reached that point.

I would like to hear your advice on how to play at the final table of a mtt tournament and what ranges of hands advise me to play either coll or all in

any advice is welcome.

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should play on the tighter side when you have chips and you have a full ring table because there is not much ICM pressure. Then loosen up.
If you played flop, bet 1/3 pot so you can barrel more turns

F

fintz88

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You should play on the tighter side when you have chips and you have a full ring table because there is not much ICM pressure. Then loosen up.
If you played flop, bet 1/3 pot so you can barrel more turns

What do you mean by " ICM pressure" ?

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you mean by " ICM pressure" ?

Ok. That's why you don't get 1st to 3rd.
ICM stands for independent chip model.
In a nutshell it means 5k chips in the beginning of the tourney, on the bubble, in the money, on final table doesn't mean the same amount of actual money even if blinds don't vary

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having an average or a big stack doesn't always necessarily mean you're an overwhelming favorite to win the tourney. Play very mindful of your current stack size, your position, how many players are there to act after you.

Avoid multiway pots where possible. If you have a short/med stack and big stack going into action let them battle it out most of the time. Realise that short stacks will play more open ranges because of the antes and be likely to target middle stacks that appear to be passive.

Big stack bullies can be taken care of selective aggression at the right spots and if you have premium hands you can use their own aggression against them.

Read up on ICM where you can. There are times folding premium hands like QQ is the recommended action at a final table.

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gracias a la gente por su interés en ayudarme Voy a leer más sobre la mesa final y ICM.

Ayer pierdo en posición 7 AKs vs A8o. Fue sólo en mal estado. Estoy feliz como jugado: D

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Google translate:

thanks to the people for their interest in helping me I will read more about the final table and ICM. Yesterday I lost in position 7 AKs vs A8o. It was only in poor condition. I'm happy as played: D

It can get math heavy but remembering it all isn't as important as understanding what the concept is. You will understand that in certain instances a +Chip EV call is actually a -$EV call. Here's it's application to sit n gos.

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
INGLÉS
Well I would also need the same advice of yours and made 3 final tables in the league higt school and could not win one the maximum that was fourth

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Need to the top three to play their game and further on the situation, it is impossible to say what should happen, but if there is advantage then of course you need to include the god mod

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello friends I'm having a problem I've reached 3 final tables in the league university and I can not beat it I always finish 7-8-9 only once I finish 2 but I had more than double the chips when I reached that point.

I would like to hear your advice on how to play at the final table of a mtt tournament and what ranges of hands advise me to play either coll or all in

any advice is welcome.
If you cash out from the previous table wins, you made it far enough be happy. End game is tactics not strategy you need to just play brutal and manic once it hits such late stage. You are against other good players never forget they got to final table too.

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that's very true no fish reaches the final table and that shows. we are going to see how I am going in the future, I am reading a lot about final table and ICM and as always studying it goes very far

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just finished 2nd in a league tournament many thanks for your advice I was very useful read about ICM

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow! Already? That's really awesome dude :)

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I sit down at the last table, I try to be more cautious. In your case, having the chip lead, you need to sit and wait for a very good card. Why risk having superiority. You probably do not miss a single flop and spend a lot of chips in vain.

T

Thenightrain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats first of all, you're play up to that point must be pretty solid.

Some really good videos on YouTube about final table play, always a good tool.

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
INGLÉS
Well I would also need the same advice of yours and made 3 final tables in the league higt school and could not win one the maximum that was fourth

I really suggest reading about icm and try to understand to see the range of hands of the villain and if we are dominated or we are favorites, also read the articles you find on the final table that help and much. :D