Feerolls hyper turbo

G

gzchbbf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to start this new thread for ask about yours experiences about freerolls hyper turbo.
I'm playing these tournaments but I always lost in hands that I was wining.
I think this freerolls are lucky games.
What do you think about that?

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Just as a personal opinion, I like that Freerolls are a little turbo. Maybe not hyper. I understand that they are not given as much dedication as low tournaments for example. That's why I don't see the point in being so long.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes, these are fast games, so they seem to need more luck. A preparation and concentration just before the game is something that can change things for the better!

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
The faster the better when it comes to freerolls.

Your edge is not that great even if you are DN or PH.

So if you get a lottery for free you lose time if it takes hours to complete.

So play the fast freerolls without thinking too much and study and play more seriously in games you have to invest money and time in.

exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
I would like to start this new thread for ask about yours experiences about freerolls hyper turbo.
I'm playing these tournaments but I always lost in hands that I was wining.
I think this freerolls are lucky games.
What do you think about that?
I mean, its freeroll hyper-turbo. You cant expect you win all your premium hands, people are just gamba-mamba in those tournamnets. I love sattelites, i play them a lot, and i made a lot of money from that type of tournament. But you have to play a lot to make the prize, its not easy. But when you manage to make the money, you printing.

Hospedar

Hospedar

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Unfortunately, the luck gets more importance when we play turbo or hyper tournaments. But you need to keep calm and try to maximize your chances by doing what you learned by the time you spent playing poker.

As we are talking about freerolls, you don't need to be afraid of loosing these kind of tournaments. If you study the game and try to do your best at these rooms, you will be rewarded soon...

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They tend to boil down to an icm test, if you study the icm you will do fine.

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Even though it is a very fast tournament, I believe that luck is not the main factor. In fact the variance involved is greater, as you play a wider range perhaps.

jproy444

jproy444

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Even though it is a very fast tournament, I believe that luck is not the main factor. In fact the variance involved is greater, as you play a wider range perhaps.
I disagree on the fact that luck is not the main factor. It's almost impossible to bluff in hyper tournament (except at the end/bubble). And to get to the bubble, you need alot of luck. Then I agree that you can use poker skills

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally don't like hyper turbo tournaments, especially freerolls where there are many players who only know how to play all in

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
all tournaments require skill, and what is needed will vary depending on the starting format . in deep stack freezeout MTTs patience, positioning ,discipline , turn and river theory ,and reading the opponent are paramount. in turbos and hypers pre flop shove /fold information is much more important . bounty + PKO events are more about stack sizes and reward odds . chip equity (ICM ) and bubble play knowledge are key in sit and goes and sattelites . pick a form that suits your style and mental strengths . good luck !

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any type of hyper is about

knowing starting hands in the game you're playing,

knowing about position ,

knowing when your shoves have a good chance to get through ie nitty nick in the bb and its folded to you on the button or about and then there is

a need of understanding how the blinds relate to your stack

and when to shift gears and pass on hands that you don't need to play

and a good strong understanding of how to play short stacked poker that takes skill and experience to develop also goes into that type of poker as well.

I've never been a fan of that type of game and don't recommend it.

If you want to play it then you will have to understand that you will face A LOT of situations that you normally wouldn't want to play but depending on your skill level should take the time to work on something I might have mentioned.

Ask yourself while playing, is QJo a shove hand with your x amount in chips compared to the blinds or should you wait for Ace X? What are the odds of being dealt Ace x ? simple stuff like that and grow your understanding of that format.

Don't get frustrated because again, you're going to be in difficult spots because of the pace of the tourn and will be donked on. The question you need to ask is if you put the chips in good or bad and got lucky.

Use a poker calculator like the one here at cardschat to see if you're going in behind or post a question in the tourn section.

There are some spots that are trap spots and you can avoid it if you find someone that is familiar with that spot and help you to recognize them if you can't spot them.

GL.