Fear of betting for value

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone,

I have felt for some time fear of betting for value. I'm playing micro stakes 1,1$ - 5,5$
Often I think my opponents have wide ranges - and of course they often have - but it destroy my optimal play and mental attitude. For example a few minute ago I had KK, one player call me. Flop: 6cTcJd next step: c-bet and call Turn: blank pot is around 10k I had 30k behind and you know what? I prefered play over bet like 15k to take it now instead of being beaten because he can hit a flush on the river. with f.e. K7s I lost a lot of value and that was the impulse to write this story here, because I wan to to hear some advices and looking for help. It is difficult, everyone has bad memories about software, but good too although we better remember the first situations. The point is my mental is on the wrong path.

I would appreciate your advices.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I know how you feel but you need to let the fear go. With one card to go they will hit there flush one time in 5 and that's what you need to remember. Bet for value and dont worry about the 1 time in 5 he hits. The 4 time you make more chips out weigh the 1 time he wins. Trust me it will take a lot of time to get over the fear. Been there and still working on it.

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know how you feel but you need to let the fear go. With one card to go they will hit there flush one time in 5 and that's what you need to remember. Bet for value and dont worry about the 1 time in 5 he hits. The 4 time you make more chips out weigh the 1 time he wins. Trust me it will take a lot of time to get over the fear. Been there and still working on it.

Thank you, I expected little more answers, even discuss :)
But it is helpful that not only me have or had problem like this.
Like you said, it does not happen all of time.
I have to accept variancy more than before.
Good luck!

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at such limits people come in with a wide range, and we still need to work on psychology

S

some39thing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to overbet the people I think are loose. If you cant afford a loss with your chipstack....no harm in taking down a pot that you know you are ahead

A

adimilsonlima

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ola amigo também sou iniciante, mas muito pertinente a pergunta e acho que o medo de perder pode ser nosso pior vilão. se vc acredita ter a melhor mão tente sempre extrair o máximo possível do seu adversário glglgl !!!!

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Scared money doesn't make money.
Worry about the odds only. being Properly rolled should help

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using CardsChat mobile app

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars