Facing All-in every hand

F

formertroll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this has happened a couple times with me in micro stakes HU or 3-man SNG. an opponent raises pre-flop all-in no matter the position with any two cards, every time...what hand do you wait for knowing that you have only 20 or so BB to start with.

i was dealt TT in the BB and called on his fifth consecutive all in, but i wondered if that was a high enough hand to justify it. any thoughts?

J

JustSoPro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this has happened a couple times with me in micro stakes HU or 3-man SNG. an opponent raises pre-flop all-in no matter the position with any two cards, every time...what hand do you wait for knowing that you have only 20 or so BB to start with.

i was dealt TT in the BB and called on his fifth consecutive all in, but i wondered if that was a high enough hand to justify it. any thoughts?
Only 20 BB to start? Yeah, I'd call with 99+, AQ+ for sure, consider calling on 77+, A9+ and KJ+ assuming third man didn't call

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is a shame is that as bad as shoving every hand looks, when you aren't at a full table you are most likely 60/40 which is pretty close to 50/50. Unless you end up with a dead card when you shove, you are going to win a lot of the time.

Pick a spot you are comfortable with and call. For me it certainly would be any ace or 2 face cards.

H

hizaira

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Study some final table Push Fold theory

Study some final table Push Fold theory and keep playing with him if your bankroll can handle it. Can make for a fun time and learn too.

HU you can play quite a range with him. With another player you really have to know their range or just tighten up to avoid disaster.

J

jajross

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Frustrated player

I have the same problem, call the all-in guy with a AK or pockets and get rolled by J2 or Q3 or less, is it luck??? good or bad??:confused:

D

DaNutts

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to pick your spot. Give yourself the best opportunity to win. Sometimes you have to fold low and medium pocket pairs.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I have noticed that in that type of sng the players play a lot to push fold and to do a lot of bluff, very few play for the position in which they are, it is not easy to try to read well your opponents and press a little

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that aggression should be answered with even with average cards. This game format will not let you wait for the top pair to come. Even having an ACE is necessary to respond to aggression.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look at the MIT course on youtube.
In this case you need to play the player.
In practice your range is a percentage of your opponents range.

In other threads I found, but this was not for HU: call with 99+, AQs+

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands