My experience today on step five for venom tourney

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It sucked.

Played three hours completely dead. I stole a few pots and and called small pots hoping to hit small sets 7 times. All missed flop with all in to follow so i let them go. None ended up hitting and all lower than sixes. Only lucky break was in beginning i had a.2 and flop trip deuces.

I got aces and jacks on big blind but all folded to me. Getting blinded i had to take a chance with a,q and flop came ace. i checked he checked. turn was low so i made a bet he called. River nothing he bet most my chips. He had ace king.

Down to 1500 chips three guys limp in. 3bb I'm all in with you guessed it a,q. Two call ridiculous 5,8 clubs and a.j. Ace hits the flop I'm happy as pig in poo, screaming no jack no jack. River is a jack. Big stack takes it all.

I know it sucks loosing but to last that long only winning three or four hands to showdown is great. I can honestly say none of my mentors could of done better. Seven pairs total and not hit one. Never getting a,k is crazy. that's usually a given.

That famous deuce i seem to get at a ridiculous rate continued. I got pocket deuces three times.

Conclusion i fell at 8th place only top five move on. Disappointed i waited a week and a half to get into tourney to be all out of luck. Good thing i won all these steps from a single free roll. One step to the Venom.

Till next time. See ya at the tables.:bath:

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Still a really good run through all the steps :). Always heartbreaking to fall just short but seems it just wasn't in the cards for ya this time.

I am sure you can make it back there again, and hopefully you run a little better at the end ! ! GL and see ya in the steps

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I have so many tickets for varying stages of that lol .... I have only made it through step 4 so far and honestly I'm not sure how much farther I will chase that .... they seem to take forever to start I have really grown tired of the late reg times, and to be fair BOL does the same thing, with their late reg times ... I am kind of just losing my interest in playing freerolls of any kind really, although looking forward to getting back to private rolls with CC just to be part of the community, that is if ACR ever opens them again, and can actually keep the tournament open to conclusion.

At first the challenge of starting from 0 was interesting, but I did that, at least enough to play micro stakes cash games on two sites, but as of late I just want to play. Things like this are a fantastic thing if you win your way up, very few will, and I think its just bait to get people to throw real cash at the other Venom satellites.

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I have so many tickets for varying stages of that lol .... I have only made it through step 4 so far and honestly I'm not sure how much farther I will chase that .... they seem to take forever to start I have really grown tired of the late reg times, and to be fair BOL does the same thing, with their late reg times ... I am kind of just losing my interest in playing freerolls of any kind really, although looking forward to getting back to private rolls with CC just to be part of the community, that is if ACR ever opens them again, and can actually keep the tournament open to conclusion.

At first the challenge of starting from 0 was interesting, but I did that, at least enough to play micro stakes cash games on two sites, but as of late I just want to play. Things like this are a fantastic thing if you win your way up, very few will, and I think its just bait to get people to throw real cash at the other Venom satellites.

yep. got tired of waiting to play from beginning. no one played. i come home from taking my son to college and it already started.

I must of had one hell of two days because i got to step five. i just started these because Acr took a dump. These steps is all they have free:bath:

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was in the same tourney. Holding my own for a while and finally pick up a big hand in the BB: Aces. New guy that just sat down raises 3x UTG, I 3-bet from the BB after action folds to me. He snap calls and flop comes 2Q4 rainbow. I have a little under pot left so I shove, he snap calls with 84 and fills up on the river. A $215 buy-in. snap calls middle pair no kicker LOL. IDK man, but I definitely feel your pain. Ridiculous.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was in the same tourney. Holding my own for a while and finally pick up a big hand in the BB: Aces. New guy that just sat down raises 3x UTG, I 3-bet from the BB after action folds to me. He snap calls and flop comes 2Q4 rainbow. I have a little under pot left so I shove, he snap calls with 84 and fills up on the river. A $215 buy-in. snap calls middle pair no kicker LOL. IDK man, but I definitely feel your pain. Ridiculous.

such a shame that those bad Plays get rewarded with a huge pot …..

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
such a shame that those bad Plays get rewarded with a huge pot …..
Look i don't get to many suck outs because I'm usually ahead when i pull the guns. Rough life always being ahead and then loosing. My situation the third guy also had a jack so chances one hitting on last two streets should of been low. not to mention jacks rag is a fold able hand so one might of been folded.

Look i put nothing into playing any of these games. The guy that sucked out doesn't have anything but losses on sharkscope. Makes me wonder sometimes if depositors get a little help from rng.

Not going to lie it was a nice change playing online and it not be an online bingo fest. Even thought about depositing but my feelings for online haven't changed. If i really want to fill that it ill just have to go to the card house a additional day. Some reason i do really well live and never profited online. Damnedest thing.

stevecambog

stevecambog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u shoud play with strong cards all in pre flop tight agressive

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u shoud play with strong cards all in pre flop tight agressive

You did read the thread? I played three hours with hardly a chance in hell. Only two times i got premium pairs i was bb and everybody folded. None of my small pocket pair hit and almost all were put all in after flop. Majority of cards where mid card and very low card not even suited.

I played both hands with A,Q and hit ace on flop and lost both.

I used my tight appearance to steal a few blinds. I wasn't tight by style but due to cards. I play most suited with a high card,suited connectors, mid connectors and mine for sets if low cost.

My opinion i played great just didn't get those premium hands. I can say its a first i didn't even get a, k period. Just think if i had two or three quality hands in play. How was your experience at the fifth stage for venom?

I don't mind constructive criticism if you been there and did it. I guess ill have to look you up and see if your info warrants criticism at all.:y:
I tried to look you up and i see like me you haven't filled out your info. Maybe anonymous is the way to go.