Experience with Final Table deals

PokerDragon99

PokerDragon99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whats your experience with final table deals?
Have you ever been in a position to do that or where it was very helpful for you.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I was lucky to have been asked a few time to a deal. If you are asked you should 1st ask yourself if you are one of the better players at the table. The look at the stacks and see what the average stack size is. Then look at your stack compared to the others. If you can do also look at the structure of the event. On the lower level buy in's, the structure can get pretty nasty late. In one event I played the blinds at the time were 50/100K and the next blind level was going to 100/200K when the talk of a deal came up. I was one of the chip leaders but only had 12BB or so at the time. Looking at the time left before the level would go up I was going to hit the BB at the next level for sure meaning my 12BB would become 6 when i hit the blinds. It was a good insensitive for me to agree to the deal. On a few occasions we were 3 handed or heads up and i was offered a even split. I did accept most of them as the ave stack size were getting pretty low and winning would be who got lucky or not. I was also the lower stack on most of these occasions. One time I had a bigger stack and said it would not be equitable for me to take the split. We were also deeper stacked. The counter offer came quick and we agreed. I ended up just about getting 1st place money there.

The truth is, it will really depend on how you feel about the situation when it comes up. Just remember to make sure its fair to you and the value of the player you are.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deals are good because the variance become very high at the later stages because of the increased blind levels. If everyone is 10-25 blinds deep, it really is anyone's game. If the structure is slower and you've played down to 3 or 4 and still have 50-80 blinds and you feel you are better then splitting is not good.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whats your experience with final table deals?
Have you ever been in a position to do that or where it was very helpful for you.

Question what is considered a final table deal?

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never asked for the deal because it seems to me that it only favors the one who is behind and the idea of ​​the game is to win, to come out first

Ninja Jyraia

Ninja Jyraia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It´s very difficult go untill final table I think I never reach one.I always finish at 12 or16 position,nothing more than that.

Last edited:
O

OneMoreTry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Question what is considered a final table deal?

pokerstars allows players to make a deal to end the tournament, once the final table is reached. Usually the leading 1-3 players pay some share of the price money for those 3 positions to the players at the bottom, to end the tournament with every getting paid for the place they're in at that time.

K

kygamblr09

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Pokerstars way of doing things like this at final table so it wouldn't be mistaken for colluding. I think it should remain a final table option just like we do at some of our home games. We usually end a tourney sooner than later so we can fit 2 games in in one night without it dragging on til wee hours in the morning. So if ACR can find someway to implement PokerStars when it comes to a final table split then i say lets do it i'm all for it.

L

LuigiBros03

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well when the tournament is very long and exhausting and they have asked me for a deal, I have accepted them since I feel that when multitable the head up is a little complicated and you leave aside other simultaneous tournaments. but the case if the tournament was turbo and you know that you are a better player than your opponent to win everything.

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Made many deals at final tables.

Great way to reduce variance but still get your equity from the tourney.

Only accept ICM deals or better though!

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The final table is usually comprised of solid poker players.The final table usually has the people that made it past all the donkey play earlier in the game.If you ask me, the final table is what I would consider "real poker". And usually each person knocked off a final table is a pay jump so that makes it exciting too.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I have reached some final tables, but I have never had the chance to make a deal, usually there are always very strong players and they do not want to give anything away and they will always go in search of the 1st place

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've made a couple deals playing live poker. I finished in the top 3 at a local $45 buy-in back in March & we split it 3 ways for $317 each, and I felt pretty good about it. A couple weeks ago I played a $5K guaranteed with a $125 buy in. The prize pool was about $5600. Some of the other players wanted to register in the 7PM $260 10K guaranteed Which had a $100 bounty on each player. There were four of us left, and we split it 4 ways for $1137, and that was fortunate for me since I was 4th in chips, so that was a pretty good return for only about 6 hours of playing. :)

well_cap1302

well_cap1302

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played some in micro poker at pokerstars, I got lucky at some thin tables and some not so much

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had a deal making experience in a live tournament, it was actually the people around us who wanted a deal, so that the table would open for a cash game. It was HU, I had a 2:1 chip lead so I didn't want to make a deal, considering that I was more likely to win the whole thing.

In general, there are two basic types of deal, one is based on chip count the other on ICM. If I am not mistaken, the chip count model favors the chip leader, more so, if the lead in chips is big. Therefore, you should always keep in mind to ask what would the prizes be in both cases, before you make a decision.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remember when I made a final table online with 3 other players I have chatted a lot while playing and maybe even somehow colluding against the fourth one.:p Anyway, when we where top 3 I proposed to make a deal, everyone agreed but we didnt know how to do it officialy so we just continued playing while we were trying to find what to do in order to chop :D:D:D:D Are there no option to chop on a multi table SNG final table??

Also, why nobody wants to chop on FRC????:cool: