Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
6th What to open in MP1 at the beginning of the tournament

Today we will address the MP1 position

Now we start to have a little more flexibility compared to the starting positions, but we still play very tight, continuing to have Fold analyzing the actions of all players around him.

See photo in the comment.

Liked?

Follow our next tips and let us know what you think by commenting below!

Attachments

• Mp1.jpg
    Mp1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 32
oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pretty tight yo mp1 I would add some more poket pairs and suited connecters

its nice to remember that your range always depends of your stack size, if you are deep you can add more cards if you are short you should remove it.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a good start range, but after some hands you can observe the others players to wide a little more this range.

I think that you can include all the pairs, a little more of ace suited and king suited and more connected cards.

In turbo games you will need to wide more this range, or the blinds will end up with your stack.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
pretty tight yo mp1 I would add some more poket pairs and suited connecters

its nice to remember that your range always depends of your stack size, if you are deep you can add more cards if you are short you should remove it.

Yes, it is a tight option. But it is as you mentioned and as I usually say in my tips, it always depends on the tournament time, stack and who is playing against.
We must always adapt all ranges for each situation we face.
The tips are more of an initial basis, now the changes need to be analyzed according to each situation.:)

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It is a good start range, but after some hands you can observe the others players to wide a little more this range.

I think that you can include all the pairs, a little more of ace suited and king suited and more connected cards.

In turbo games you will need to wide more this range, or the blinds will end up with your stack.
Yes, adaptation is always necessary, but managing the stack and keeping tight against loose players is a good option for those who are just starting out and still don't have a good metagame development.:)

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it is a tight option. But it is as you mentioned and as I usually say in my tips, it always depends on the tournament time, stack and who is playing against.
We must always adapt all ranges for each situation we face.
The tips are more of an initial basis, now the changes need to be analyzed according to each situation.:)

I forgot to tell that more important than everything else we are discussing about is that we need to play the player. I have a pretty nice knowledge of range and stack but in the buy in that I am playing people use to play the card. So I cant try to semi-bluff a lot.

B

blakeup295

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice information, thank you!

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I forgot to tell that more important than everything else we are discussing about is that we need to play the player. I have a pretty nice knowledge of range and stack but in the buy in that I am playing people use to play the card. So I cant try to semi-bluff a lot.
It is correct, and of course, remembering that this is a tip for starting the tournament, so there is no need to apply a bluff, as you still don't know the players, so your action can and will often be a mistake.

Maiuchi

Maiuchi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks, I will follow some tips, I think I never play tight enough as many recommend, maybe there is my mistake and I do not progress enough