The emotions

AlayneBarros

AlayneBarros

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you get carried away by your emotions during the game, this can cost you dearly. Poker is a game that involves psychology, math and logic. When a player is emotionally frustrated at the table, he leaves out the three pillars of poker. This is called Tilt.

Your goal as a player should never be tilted. For this, you have to be aware that it does not matter if you lost a hand in which was favorite, or if your poor opponent continues to win hands that he did not deserve to win. What matters is to play correctly. With emotional stability, one hour the result will emerge.

However, we are not robots: at some point our emotion will prevail. When this occurs, get off the table, especially if it is a cash game table, in which each chip has monetary value. It is better not to play than to play poorly, since playing bad poker means losing money in the long run.:eek:

JoseFerreras

JoseFerreras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The goal is to try and make the correct decision every time, however getting tilted is pretty easy and when you do, you tend to make bad decisions. That why poker pros are good because they can usually stay cool and whatever happens make a good decision.

C

C3H6S

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its true yesterday lost AA for the conection and next hand go to all in hahahha and game over

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you play comfortable limits, then the emotions are not so strong.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
One of the most difficult tasks to do is to control your emotions during a poker tournament ... it is not easy to accept that a villain wins a hand with a stroke of luck ... that is part of poker ... is In those moments that you can not cloud and allow you to fustres or lose confidence in your game. If you manage to control your emotions in your game you will have many chances of success ..,

AlayneBarros

AlayneBarros

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We really need to spend money to make money, and that's the problem, playing in a comfort zone without threatening the bankroll leaves us freer to make bets.

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
We really need to spend money to make money, and that's the problem, playing in a comfort zone without threatening the bankroll leaves us freer to make bets.

bankroll management doesnt guarantee profit, but it guarantee a little longer period of playing than without BR management

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it amusing you point how why cash games are better for emotional health and bankroll of the emotional player under 'tournament poker'... Oh this is amusing but please do continue, you are doing God's work.

V

vivian_hamamoto

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you, I'll follow your advice ...

V

vivian_hamamoto

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
in an area of ​​comfort and much easier to make decisions.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It helps to mentally prepare yourself for some bad beats before a tourney and just accept that a certain percentage of the time that's what's going to happen. When I've played a tourney successfully I've always had to be aggressive in the right spots, win coin flips and dodge some bullets or cooler hands. It's knowing when to hold'em and when to fold'em and sometimes your in the zone. Sometimes you are not :)

Anatoliy Tolik

Anatoliy Tolik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have all described it correctly, but it is difficult to give a seemingly victorious hand, and here in the course of going emotions where your actions will be correct. Control of emotions comes with experience, so train more.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think one bad beat shouldn't make you tilt. It happens often.
I think it is more difficult to stay calm, when it happens in series.
But then really the best in my opinion is to step away and take a break.
Doing something else frees the mind again.

Gulas

Gulas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In one of the CC main posts, they recommend the book "The Mental Game of Poker". I've started to read it and it's pretty good.

It gives advice beyond of "just breath", "don't tilt". If that were easy, nobody would get tilted.

Suppose you were nervous about, I don't know, asking someone out. Saying to yourself "don't get nervous" would not solve this problem.

With tilt, sure, taking a break helps. Staying healthy (body and mind) also helps. But how to achieve this health is quite complicated, I'm still finding answers.

Boltun

Boltun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
emotions in poker are very powerful thing if you give in to emotions, you can not only lose the tournament but to lose your entire bankroll))))