doubts???

C

Clayton727

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
good morning friends ! I play poker between comings and goings for 8 years, and recently I started playing online again, I never played high value tournaments, but I have already entered a tournament with more than 5,000 low value players, but when I play a higher value tournament I have a lot of difficulty when it comes if funneling the tournament, on average I am always 10% of the total players! I see that many use some type of software like poker tracker 4, and is it valid? is it a common practice among great online players? would i have any chance of spiking a higher value tournament without using any type of probability program? thank you

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good morning friends ! I play poker between comings and goings for 8 years, and recently I started playing online again, I never played high value tournaments, but I have already entered a tournament with more than 5,000 low value players, but when I play a higher value tournament I have a lot of difficulty when it comes if funneling the tournament, on average I am always 10% of the total players! I see that many use some type of software like poker tracker 4, and is it valid? is it a common practice among great online players? would i have any chance of spiking a higher value tournament without using any type of probability program? thank you
Probably not. These big tournaments turn on flips, lots and lots of flips. You don't need a HUD to tell that players are shoving and calling with AK, QQ, JJ - they do it all the time. What you need is simply luck. You're going to lose a lot of these, but every once in a while you'll get lucky and win one. That makes it all worthwhile.

Better to focus on basic skills and player observation for when you're not flipping.

Try the Cardschat course if you want some high quality, but free training: https://www.cardschat.com/become-a-winning-poker-player/

C

Clayton727

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
thank you very much, I will definitely take a look at this course ...

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I assume that no one can give you the right advice. To do this, you need at least your statistics of the game in tournaments. As much as you can blindly, without knowing how a person plays, give him advice. Well this is just my opinion. You can try and then draw conclusions for yourself.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think software has become an integral part of online poker for many years. There are very few players left who don't use anything. Even beginners start getting acquainted with poker and immediately look for third-party programs. Remember the important thing: your opponents take into account past performance and they are not ready to react in a timely manner to changes in your game. Programs show the past, not the future.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I absolutely hate the use of HUD's and it doesn't create a level playing field. Not everyone can afford extra software or be able to interpret the numbers to gain an edge. party poker has led the way by banning the use of this stuff, and this should be the norm.

I would think it fairly easy to create a bot account using HUD stats to make decisions with no human involvement. It stinks in my opinion.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
70% of players use programs for statistics on the game in the tournament. I have a personal opinion, if you want to learn how to play, you need to take into account the statistics at a specific table without programs. Programs are good, but when you play poker live, it may be a problem to evaluate the player. I know that live poker and playing online is very different, but my opinion is personal, I'm for playing without programs, it's difficult but possible! :)

BUT the main thing in poker is luck, if the card is terrible, all in there is no luck, no programs will help, if you make stupid bets and are nervous a lot, you can not win...:(

k0dka

k0dka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Programs are good, but when you play poker live, it may be a problem to evaluate the player.

In a live game you have plenty of time to observe and make your evaluations. When multi-tabling online, a HUD becomes highly useful since you cannot always follow the action on all tables.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a live game you have plenty of time to observe and make your evaluations. When multi-tabling online, a HUD becomes highly useful since you cannot always follow the action on all tables.

of course, this is true, it is impossible to see every player in multi-table poker, but I have expressed my opinion about myself. I always play one table, maybe 2! I didn't specify this fact..

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have won a lot of tournaments over the years never liked huds while I have used a few on trial runs never thought they were worth paying for to be honest.
But every player is different am thinking if it helps you should use it I still do study and do analysis just without a hud for me lately anyway only primary statistics that really matter most how much did I spend and deposit and how much did I withdraw and win everything else is secondary.
What difference will a hud make against these type of plays over and over again anyway?
https://www.boomplayer.com/33192180_0AE3D7B02D

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes yes if you study hard you can play a tournament without these percentage programs. just improve on the subject that one day you will get there.