Doubled up early.

E

erkla

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am always neverous about doubling up early. Playing a private wsop qualifier...doubled within the hour...playing tight and loose a little...avcording to players...any other tips?

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why does doubling up make you nervous. You should look up how to play with a lot of BB's like more than 100 BB you should be very happy and playing aggresively but not stupidly. It is important to do that. I play stupidly aggressive on the 500 people freerolls and it may be bad practice but I think I can control myself and shift to a better strat when I'm in the smaller freerolls. Mainly don't get nervous. At the worst just keep playing the way that got you that double up.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Doubling up early will it make you win the tournament or be in the money? No! So stop being nervous and play any two cards,because that mindset will only cost you valuable chips. Don't panic and pick up carefully what spots to play and what starting hands to open raise with.

Choose selective aggression and don't be a passive loose player!

T

Thenightrain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any more information about why you feel nervous? Is it a technical concern, I.e. playing the big stack or more of a mindset problem?

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you mean by "playing tight and loose a little"?

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is better to know early than later if a tournament will/will not be worth your time invested.
The only thing to avoid when doubling up early is not to get ****y and start playing hands you shouldnt play. Double up early, sit tight, relax (you can aford it) and play on.

S

Samuel Kollapso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From the beginning play a few hands, always try to be more objective. Do not play with pressure on the chips, you may lose your attention.

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any particular reasons you feel nervous? Like previous bad beats? Because doubling up is usually amazing.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doubling up early gives you better opportunity to get late into the game. Shouldn't be nervous at all, be glad.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doubling up is something you have to do, but you can't afford to be nervous, you still have a lot more work to do, so you don't have the luxury to be nervous, focus!

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My last post might have sounded harsh and I didn't mean it to. I've also been nervous after doing well quickly and now I try to think of it as excited instead of nervous. It's good to have adrenaline, but you've got to discipline it. Good luck!

V

Val may

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play tighter because u can afford to.
When the odds are great u can see a flop, just remeber this: a Tournament cant be won in the early stages, but i can be lost. :p