Double or nothing strategy

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm looking for any advice about beating these 10 person sit and goes where the top 5 double their money and the other 5 get nothing. It would seem that in some situations, it wouldn't even be good to gii with pocket aces (like if the 5th person is about to get blinded out)

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Get some sort of icm tool like sngwizard or icmizer and after you play a game run all the hands through it and review all of your mistakes. The icm in doublers is very important to understand. Or set your icm tool to quiz and set the format to 10 man double or nothing and practice until you are making very few mistakes.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What poker rooms now have these tournaments for 10 people?

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think best ones now are at party poker as ps are depend on with how many chips you end up and 888poker got only super turbo with 400starting stack

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What poker rooms now have these tournaments for 10 people?
PS has them, but they don't fill in so fast.
They have such tournaments with buy-ins above 10 dollars, but those never fill in.

C

CJWilliam

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
These are a lot of fun to play, but as said you need to understand ICM. Or if you are playing at tables where the pool may not understand ICM either, at least have notes or a hud so that you can range them. One other thing to note is the payout structure, and rake. The ones that I have played are not a true DBL up due to the rake, and you need to win 60-70% of the games you play to be profitable. GL!

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
just keep it cool, hit it hard with strong hand, toss everything else

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Read some satellite strategy and approach in much the same way as prizes are the same.

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They have these same double or nothing format at Betonline. Because the table is full of recs usually, I found it quite easy to beat and make it top 5, top 3 for 6 max, etc.

B

bush2008

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
which sites still offer double or nothing sngs in the USA? all i know is ignition. ACR and seals with cubs doesnt.