Double or Nothing

S

SetsRagn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

Since last week I have started playing the Double or Nothing sit'n'g format 6max where first 3 double their money. Thankfully, I have good results so far but I am always looking for ways to improve.
If any of you have any usefull posts or articles please post them here.
Moreover, if you have previous experience with this type of game and have any useful insights I would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

P.S.
What do you generally think about the double or nothing games?

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello,

Since last week I have started playing the Double or Nothing sit'n'g format 6max where first 3 double their money. Thankfully, I have good results so far but I am always looking for ways to improve.
Moreover, if you have previous experience with this type of game and have any useful insights I would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

P.S.

I used to play these games some time ago. They are maybe the less swinging game variant. You just have to play it TAG, more to tight than aggressive and not be so much unlucky. You rarely will lose money with this game. And not make a lot of money too, but they are fun.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I like this game format:)

F

futureballoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh i like this format a lot actually. it's fast and easy money if you know what you're doing.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like Double or Nothing sit'n'g, i like it much better than traditional sng. For the most part, it goes well for me too, the secret is adhering to bankroll management and a good late game strategy. Unfortunately, my favorite poker room does not have Double or Nothing :(

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Double or Nothing is easier than SNG or tournaments, must notice to fold and all-in opportunity.

S

SetsRagn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like Double or Nothing sit'n'g, i like it much better than traditional sng. For the most part, it goes well for me too, the secret is adhering to bankroll management and a good late game strategy. Unfortunately, my favorite poker room does not have Double or Nothing :(

How many buyins do you think someone should have before advancing to the next level?

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What limit are you playing and how do you characterize your opponents ’game? I think that there are other dispiplines that are more profitable

S

SetsRagn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am currently 4 tabling the 5$ games. I have won 62% of my first 127 tables.
My bankroll is about 200$.

When should I move to the 10$ games?

Moreover, I am categorizing my opponents on whether or not they protect/steal blinds. However, I am looking for a good categorizing system if you can recommend one.

Thanks

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello,

Thank you in advance.

P.S.

Generally play solid and keep it tight, since some of the players in the game aren't following ICM and are playing to win you can squeak into the money quite a bit by avoiding confrontation.

this format is great practice for satellite tournaments where cashing is all that matters!

lovemetender

lovemetender

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a good way to win low stakes and try to register at expensives buy-ins such as 3.50$ 2.50$ and so on...

Aleksmy

Aleksmy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IN my opinion, This is an interesting format of the game. I like even more than the usual sit & go

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like 'Double or Nothing 6max'.
if you get this article or something useful, share it with people

bapfel

bapfel

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Does anyone have more help for this type of tournament?

I played 100 1 USD-games @partypoker and won about 62.

After fees, I had an earning of about 20 %. Do you think the 2 USD level is even harder?
I lost so often against Allin-Players which had trips or a lucky straight on the river :/

Is it better to play tight at the beginning, folding mid pairs after raises on the flop or should you risk more, to use the risk awareness of the opponents and have more chips before the blinds are very high?

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have played the Double or Nothing games, but found them a little boring, they used to be 10 player games and on pokerstars you had the added advantage of Chip stack count, so if you finished with the most chips you actually got more than double.
I prefer now the 9 player K.O. Games where you get a set bounty for each player eliminated plus the top 3 get a payout, My best score to date is a Win with 7 bounties, if you can mange 5 bounties you are basically free-rolling because for a Dollar buy-in 5 will pay you your money back.

When the fun Stops, STOP!