Done With STT

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I almost hate the STT, they just dont play like the use to. These players are so aggressive, it's basically a coin toss everytime you enter the pot, they will barely make it past the turn before going all in.

I just don't want that anymore, if I am going to do that I want to be able to win hundreds time my buy in not just triple of 5 times my buy in, not worth it to me.

For what I have paid to be in STT and not win or even cash, I could have been in some $1,000.00 GTD MTT with a change to cash our way more than $5.00

I am just not seeing the value in STT any more, unless its for a satellite into something bigger.

W

Wiflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What stakes are you play at your sit and gos? Are they hypo turbos, turbos, or regular?
At what time rate do the blinds change?

I find I do much better on tournaments with 10 minute rounds vs 5 minute.
I'm trying to find more like that online.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m not a fan o STT either. I agree, at least at the stake I play, that most players continuously go all in. I’m not sure if their strategy is that everyone will fold and they’ll keep getting th3 blinds and antes so they can bully more? It is annoying though. Have you tried the 90 player MTT? They seem a bit better.

Best of luck.

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I go anywhere from $1.50 to $6.00.

The blinds have been mixed, some 3 minutes, some 5 minutes and then 10 minutes the regular and slowest I can find.

But compared to that the 3 min turbo MTT have been better and I haven't won an MTT yet.
What stakes are you play at your sit and gos? Are they hypo turbos, turbos, or regular?
At what time rate do the blinds change?

I find I do much better on tournaments with 10 minute rounds vs 5 minute.
I'm trying to find more like that online.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have not noticed, that single table SnGs play any different from MTTs in general. However stacks do tend to get shorter faster in SnGs, and then its easier for players to end up being all in. In fact its often the correct play depending on stack size and situation. So maybe you are frankly just experiencing, that players have gotten better.

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's it, the players have gotten better and I have gotten worse.
I have not noticed, that single table SnGs play any different from MTTs in general. However stacks do tend to get shorter faster in SnGs, and then its easier for players to end up being all in. In fact its often the correct play depending on stack size and situation. So maybe you are frankly just experiencing, that players have gotten better.

A

AJantwan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do think SNGs have gotten harder. I used to kill them. My play style was naturally conservative and lead me to play in a way such that I "needed a better hand to call than to open". Lots of people didn't seem to understand that. And not many seemed to understand ICM either.

Now most do. Which means that SNGs are more of a coin flip than they use to be. Definitely not as much fun and definitely a lower ROI.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's it, the players have gotten better and I have gotten worse.

A lot of resources right here on CardsChat to change that and soon those players will be posting here asking for help on how to play against you! :)

SNGs have certainly gotten tougher over the years as evidenced in part by the decreasing ROIs of winning players over time. I try to use it as motivation to continually improve, but it can also be a good idea to look for new formats/more niche game types to become the best at.

G

gaguilu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sit go

The best option is to play (sit go) with 180 players, starting at $ 14.00, less aggressive players

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's the the nature of poker everywhere. My AA KK & KK hands yesterday were all crushed by A-small x hands that made a straight X 2 with the small x and a set of three small x's.

STT's, cash, big tourneys - they all play crazy. 6-max cash is the most aggressive though. If a hand goes by without a 3-bet I'm surprised.