DoN SnG

O

OBIGAZKENOBI

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone

I know everyone here's this kind of thing all the time but i have jacked my job in and looking to make money playing DoN SnG as i see these as the "easiest" way of making money

I am playing really low level games and im willing to put in the volume to make money and move up the levels.

I was interested to know what people thought the ROI would be roughly at low levels mainly $2 or $5

I dont have much of the way of bills as my house is paid and my outgoings are extremely low

I was wondering who has started in this kind of position and may have some tips/advice for me

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

Keep going until you level up you are on the right track poker advice make a good bankroll and from time to time you give yourself a taste of some millionaire tournament greetings

O

OBIGAZKENOBI

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks

Thanks for the reply i appreciate the advice

O

OBIGAZKENOBI

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Krista

Thank you Krista i will check it out appreciate the reply

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, DoNs are pretty much dead as a game format, and you will be lucky to even beat the rake. Also its an extremely poor idea to try to rely on income from poker, until you are a proven winner already.

O

OBIGAZKENOBI

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Fundiver

Thanks for the reply - i don't need to make massive money as i used to have a well paid job which has allowed me to get rid of all the major bill requirements - i.e. mortgage, car

What im looking for is the challenge of making a steady income from Poker, i have a winning ROI of around 32% at low limit DoN SnG's but this is only over around 450 games (over a long period of time) - I've started to read that to get a more accurate understanding of ROI you would need around 2000 games but i can't find anywhere that states what a good ROI is for these levels

i have played low limit cash which without seeing my results i feel im a winner on but have no idea at what rate and i like the odd tournament but feel trying to succeed alone at tournaments would be too tilting because of the variance and that's why i thought the DoN's were the safest option

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A 32% ROI at DoN SnGs sounds like either a wrong read of data or an incredibly sunshine run. For any kind of single table SnGs, its almost impossible to achieve more than a single digit ROI these days. Collin Moshman talks about 5% being the goal in the micros. In top of that DoNs has a lower upside potential than other formats, because you can only dubble your investment less the rake. If you are not working, you have time for long MTT sessions, and this is where, I would advice you to invest your time, since this is the only format in online poker, where a decent return on investment is still possible.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is really a very good decision, because these tournaments have a very good level of opponents and a comfortable (in terms of duration) game time, as well as high prizes, at tournaments from 40 players and above. If you have an average or high level of play, you will definitely earn and have a small income from these tournaments. Do not play bounty and do not climb above $5. Bounty is an absolute roulette and has super wild agressive players and nothing else.. Do not go for big rewards, you will lose a lot and you will lose money.. Tournaments up to $5 have everything you need and all the opportunities to increase the bank by several dozen times. 15-20 tournaments a day is enough to earn a little or lose a little :) Also a good offer to play tournaments for 90 to 200 players. I like to play tournaments up to $3 ;)

O

OBIGAZKENOBI

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Fundiver

Thanks for the reply Fundiver - i have never really thought seriously about MTT's as the option but im now intrigued by the idea and especially as LFC_yllnwa also agrees with you

What sites would you recommend for these kind of tournaments?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What sites would you recommend for these kind of tournaments?

Personally I had the biggest success in MTTs on 888 Poker, but that was in 2020, and they changed the schedule, so its not quite the same now, and its not as friendly to people with a small bankroll. The only other site, I have personal experience with, is pokerstars, and they have a large selection of microstakes MTTs, but the rake is high, until you get to the 22$ limit. I cant play on GG Poker due to my location, but that might be a good option, especially if you are not using a HUD, since they have their own build in HUD. Anyways I would just try out some different sites myself and see, what suits you best :)

O

OBIGAZKENOBI

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Fundiver

Cheers Fundiver i have accounts on all three of those sites so i will look into it - i appreciate the advice and good luck in your game

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone

I know everyone here's this kind of thing all the time but i have jacked my job in and looking to make money playing DoN SnG as i see these as the "easiest" way of making money

I am playing really low level games and im willing to put in the volume to make money and move up the levels.

I was interested to know what people thought the ROI would be roughly at low levels mainly $2 or $5

I dont have much of the way of bills as my house is paid and my outgoings are extremely low

I was wondering who has started in this kind of position and may have some tips/advice for me
Dons need to be taken in quantity, you need to roll back at least 50 pieces a day You know, I think even 50 tournaments is too little. This is why I think so: I know quite well the clearing on DONs of 1 and 2 bucks, I can say that strong regs (if I may say so) demonstrate an ROI of 2.5-4.5%.According to my data, I can say that I have ROI in this range on units, and about 1% on kopecks. If you build a BR or have any other applied application, then the number of played tournaments should be much larger. So if, for example, we want to earn $ 13.50 per day, then we have to play a little less than 400 tournaments on 1s (I doubt that there are so many of them per day), and on kopecks with the same ROI - 200. By the way, it is no longer ROI that is of applied importance, but the leaderboard and cashback. At large volumes and near-zero play, you can really have a good overall plus.the optimal number of buy-ins for DON is 50-60 per limit.gl

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
S & Go DoN is my favorite game format. I agree that this is the easiest way to regularly increase your bankroll, and I have played this format myself at party poker for many years.

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played MTNG for $ 0.25 on PokerStars many times. I reached the game in MTT up to$ 5 there, too, I raised money and withdrew it. Then it returned to $ 0.25 again and rose again. I have conquered this limit 3-4 times and always successfully. My advice will be this: play on the bankroll and do not climb the limits higher until you raise money for micro SnG, Constantly learn the game, Play a lot of tables about 6-12 at once, And never limp.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
You should wait a bit and not rush to level up and I think you should probably combine a bit, you play a normal DoN and Sng, because like you I think that the DoN is a bit safer, but you have to play a lot more to get a good benefits

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Way to hone in on a beginning strategy that suits your limit and fiscal situation. I, personally, played those exact games for a long time. Actually I still play them when I get a chance. But back to the question at hand, keep playing this limit as long as it pays. Why, you might ask? I've found that when new players come to a site they tend to wanna make a quick jump by playing some kinda $50 trny w/a $20K GTD prize-pool or something similar. I mean who doesn't, right? More sooner than later they settle in and play these lower limits because they won a little and want to stretch the winnings or they realize they need to start smaller. Take advantage of their unsure play and exaggerated all-ins. I would clear a nice little ROI each month. Also don't be afraid to play in a small trny now and then like a $1K GTD or something similar, once in a while. "Small-ball" play will pay off in the end. GL, man. :wavey:

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dons need to be taken in quantity, you need to roll back at least 50 pieces a day You know, I think even 50 tournaments is too little. This is why I think so: I know quite well the clearing on DONs of 1 and 2 bucks, I can say that strong regs (if I may say so) demonstrate an ROI of 2.5-4.5%.According to my data, I can say that I have ROI in this range on units, and about 1% on kopecks. If you build a BR or have any other applied application, then the number of played tournaments should be much larger. So if, for example, we want to earn $ 13.50 per day, then we have to play a little less than 400 tournaments on 1s (I doubt that there are so many of them per day), and on kopecks with the same ROI - 200. By the way, it is no longer ROI that is of applied importance, but the leaderboard and cashback. At large volumes and near-zero play, you can really have a good overall plus.the optimal number of buy-ins for DON is 50-60 per limit.gl

S & Go DoN is my favorite game format. I agree that this is the easiest way to regularly increase your bankroll, and I have played this format myself at Party Poker for many years.

I'm actually thinking about get in this, fill the gaps, run them next to MTTs, especially in dead hours. Even like this, I can easily play 100-200/day from turbos.

Can you recommend me any mainstream book, video, stream about DoN? And also not mainstream, as i see in every other format, what for you can have the easiest access not necessary the best.

How big differences, and what exact differences do you see between normal, turbo, hyper and also 6 and 8max? Mostly mean the player pool, and the push/fold phases range differences.

how is the variance factor in this? how big sample do you think is enough to declare, okay i can do it or better to leave?

Where do you play it? Which room have the lowest rakes and best rakebacks?

if you would pick a room only for this one, which one would be that? (Looking rooms only with reasonable rakes and rakeback, think at the beginning would be great to bring it zero, and count as profit the rakebacks.)

Roberto: just tried it on the partypoker the 1-2 bucks for one day, could easily bring it to zero (1$+) after 50+ DoN and was in the top 20 on the leaderboard. How is it on the low level with the 10$ ones? I watched there plenty tables, didn't look so hard, their stealing range, especially between 10-20BB generally looked pretty insane.

thx for the answer!