Does Spin and Go profitable?

N

novaldodps

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Spin n Go seems like a profitable one, when you can earn double or more money by beating another 2 guys. But is it really profitable? or is it better to play normal NLHE

bmess92

bmess92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It can be. I made a couple hundred dollars from it last year. Depends on how comfortable you are playing them.

Igorek1313

Igorek1313

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is only one level I keep !!!

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They can be profitable but you can also lose a lot of money very quickly. I play Spin & Gos regularly as part of the mix. You need to always keep track of how you're doing and be ready to take a break or drop down a level (or two or three or four) whenever you're starting to lose more than you're winning.

Tunkki

Tunkki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are good player you can be profitable but variance is big there

P

paulyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which site do you prefer to play spins on?

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played a few from free tickets. Not for me. Short stack. Blinds increase rapidly. Designed to be all over in a few minutes. Usually a crapshoot. And most of the time it's only double the buy in for the winner.

M

MaZeee323

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it can be. Now I lost more money as I won but you can get easy cash. There is a high luck factor because of short stack, fast increase of blind levels and only 3 Players on table. In the 25ct Spin and Gos there are many gamblers so if you get a good hand you can kick them easily out. And if youre very lucky you get into Spin and Gos where you can win 3x or higher of your buy in, when you win one you get good money for more tournaments. One time when I was highly on tilt I increased the buy in game for game (no safety advice!) and won 25$ in a 5$ spin and go, was lucky and got my cash back which I lost before and a little extra.

If I would compare the BLAST (888poker) and Spin and Go (which are similar) I would highly recommend the Spin and Gos. Dont know how to win the BLAST, I really dont. There is a countdown if it goes to zero everyone have to go all-in. I played like 10 games one evening and won not a single game no matter if before the countdown hits or after.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, that Spin&Go can be profitable if you have good poker experience and the proper bankroll. Starting bankroll should be about 200-300 buy-ins, because the dispersion here is huge.

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just look rake for hyper format, and you will know :D

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I came to realize something else about Spin & Go's yesterday. There is a poker site that I play at occasionally. Their software is terrible and I find it stressful to play there because of that. But I found out yesterday that they have a Spin & Go clone that they call Slot & Go. That is the ideal game to play on that site because it goes so fast and I don't have to suffer the ill effects of their software for long periods of time.

Why you may ask do I play there at all? Well, that's a longer story for another time.

Last edited: