ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Can using time banking influence other players' actions against you?

If your opponent raises pre-flop.

What do you do here?

Do you already check the option to give up so that when it's your turn you automatically give up?

Or do you use the time bank to cause resistance to your fold?

Do you think this has any influence on the game?

Leave your opinion.

Last edited:
Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The time bank is a feature that most players use, so do I.
I have the right to think what I will do, so I use "my" time,
even if I have planned my hand before the flop.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Only when really near the bubble. Otherwise I take almost exactly the same amount of time each decision/street in each hand. That way I give away nothing for timing tells(specially online). That doesn't mean I play slow, waste time and hold the game up I don't. I always think 1-2 decisions ahead so I typically already know what I'm gonna do next street/decision usually no matter villain does(unless I get a tell otherwise last min) so I'm typically still pretty fast or quick to act when my turn. I usually ALWAYS count 5-7 mississippi's in my head then act.

Cheers!!!

J

jack12de

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
I use it also near the bubble, but only in tournaments where there is a high first win like a ticket...

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would use it on the bubble, or to level up in cash. I do find the time bank too long in general, it slows the game up too much. 60 seconds is too long a time bank in MTTs with hundreds or thousands of players. Too many tournaments go on for 3 plus hours.

Huntre

Huntre

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I always forget about time bank and remember of it in time of bad beat :) So take your time.

D

darkgonz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
Yes, when I am in a tournament bubble to reach a pay jump, when I am in cash sometimes I like to use it so that they continue trying to bluff me trying to pull a hand, when I have the nuts, trying to give them a ''tell'' that my hand is not very strong

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
When you get good enough at typical spots, the time bank will only be needed for complex and non-trivial hands. They will happen rarely.There are some differences in how the time bank is used in online and offline gaming formats.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm a practical person, and certain unnecessary delays irritate me a little.
Sometimes I use my time banking when I want to get to the showdown without spending too many chips.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

What do you do here?

Do you already check the option to give up so that when it's your turn you automatically give up?

Leave your opinion.
It definitely doesn't affect my game, because I play an average of four tables at the same time and use the time bank only when necessary. When my opponents use the time bank, I always find something useful to use those spare seconds for :)

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
time bank is one of the tools allowed to use while playing , so i will use it in any case for any reason , as long as it is permitted .if you delay your action or if you decide very fast , thuis might make the opponent believe that you have a hand very good or very baD . if this serves a purpose , then why not .

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
many players use their bank time too long because of this tournament lasts forever and it's very tiring. If someone thinks that pot time helps against strong players then you're wrong Strong players will play the same way as always even though you think until the last second it won't affect it's no point but thinking a little bit is always good

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello everyone. It used to really annoy me, I always wanted to ask: why are you dragging out the decision? I have reviewed my approach to this issue and now I can use bank time, but mostly my decisions are already predetermined, so to speak - the plan is made. And if this somehow affected and continues to affect my emotional state, then I think it also affects others, it can really throw someone off and lead to tilt.

Zaner

Zaner

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

What do you do here?

Leave your opinion.
yes you can use this to confuse your oponents

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The time bank is for you to think about, because poker is a dynamic game. However, you can use it to guarantee a payjump, that is, in a situation where there is a small gap for a payjump, it is very profitable to use your time bank when placing all your chips, this has a huge impact on your roi in the long run. term.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I try not to use the Time bank for decisions I have already made while the action is on the other side of the table, Like folding Garbage hands dealt to me, I will click on the Check/Fold option if I don't intend to call a raise pre flop.
There was a time I tried using the Time bank for every decision I made, letting it kick in for a second before folding, But it got on my nerves just as much as it must have done for other players, So it might have contributed to the fact I got past the bubble and did ladder up the pay table a couple of steps, but I had to ask myself, Was it really worth it?
In that Tournament, Sure I made a little money, but how much credibility did I lose from the other players? That was the dilemma in my mind, Using the Time bank may make a difference in a Large tournament, but on a single table game there is nothing to be gained from doing that, and I have seen one or two players do that in some single table games just to annoy the rest of the table, but then again that could be their motive, to annoy some other players and put them on "tilt". Who knows?

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I mostly use the time bank so that the blinds, especially the big blind, always fall after my shift. Beyond that, consuming your entire time bank every time it's your turn to play I think is useless since this is online poker. In the case of live poker, you take the time to think about or deceive your rival with body gestures and so on. This is useful when it's a live game. I still think that some people play multiple screens at the same time and that's why their time is consumed and they don't do it on purpose.
This is online poker man, the rival doesn't see your body gestures, make the game dynamic.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I use the time bank if I need to think over a decision or review hand replays. But in general, I play quite dynamically and my time bank in most cases remains unused.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not quite sure, what OP is actually asking about, and maybe its a translation issue? If I have a decision to make, then of course I take the time, which is needed to make a good one. And if I do anything other than fold preflop, I also try to avoid giving away timing tells by acting very slowly or very fast. If I look down at junk like J3o preflop, and know, I am going to fold regardless of the action ahead of me, then I usually preselect "fold" to speed up action.

The only exception to this is, if the tournament is near the bubble. In that situation I might "stall" by deliberately taking time to fold. This is depending on stacks sizes though. If I am the table chipleader, then I still want to play as many hands as possible even at the bubble. But if I am mid-stack with big stacks to my left, then being on the bubble will cause me to have a lot of unprofitable spots and them to have a lot of profitable spots. So in that situation I want to play as few hands as possible, until we are in the money.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
what is time banking or how do you use it?

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually wait for my turn to check/call/fold when I'm on SB and BB, because I don't want give free information to my opponents.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Using the time bank has its effect, not always but if it does, I am not one to use it always, only in certain cases, sometimes for strategy and other times because sometimes I have encountered players who get upset when it takes me 1 second to make my move and they start saying hurry up, hurry up and they are annoying with the rest of the players, there are people who don't like it when you use your time bank and that makes them desperate.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes on the bubble. Otherwise Inlike to keep the game going so don’t like to slow it down. In general I think the time banks are too long.

jproy444

jproy444

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I need a little more time on the bubble.