do you fold two pair when the villian shoves

K

kmichaels

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So what your saying is..... There are NO spots where folding two pair is correct? Guess again dude. Hippy... DO NOT listen to that lol.

Tell me Phiy Ivey, If you fold every single hand against a villain even with two pair, what you think that he will think if you re-raise him? He quickly folds because he knows that you only play anything better than two pair. And believe me, if you only call him with trips you will never make money from a guy like him.

T

Tiltt2424

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah pretty standard here. Anytime you flop top two and villain flops a set then all the chips are going to get into the pot relatively quickly in most situations. Accept variance.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 pair vs a well disguised set on an otherwise dry board is just a cooler.

you can't fold.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
say youre holding
AsQs utg +2 and raise 3x
sb calls
bb calls
flop comes Ad 4c Qc
you bet 1/2 pot
sb folds
bb shoves all in
what do?

been in a situtation like this twice called both times
villian shows 4d4s
am i ****ing up or just bad luck?

you are just very unlucky because there are lots of hands villain could be having from a flush draw, ace king, ace four even aj, a10 especially if both are clubs. However if you are facing a very tight player folding could be a good option, but calling isnt bad either, considering the strength of your hand.

radman

radman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you flopped 2 pr you played the hand well you bet halve pot I think if u would have pushed he would have called. I do worry sometimes about the blinds having sm pp and flopping a set. But , you can't think about it to the point of folding. Your hand is giving you every indication that you are ahead. And you need to play it thru. Him getting the set is variance, and you need to move on.

H

houtlijm

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
that's just bad luck.. his reraise preflop seems like AK or sth.. but when these guys come over the top at the flop you should be carefull. most of the time one of these rags flop trips

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I mostly call in these situations, unless I see he is a solid player and we are both very deep in the tournament and have not get too much involved in the pot. but otherwise I will call happily

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good call, not always he will have 44, and you also have 4 outs to beat him, if 44, so calling is good

Folding in Poker