Do you ever make final tables and not realise it ?

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is kind of a funny post.

I've been drinking a little bit this evening. Captian Morgan spiced rum and of course my regular evening beers.

And without me noticing - because I was berating one player in a 3k gtd for opening SHIT hands from early position, and also I was talking to weezy - one of our CC members about college and geography and visiting each other.

Some how - I happened to make 2 final tables - without even noticing I did.
I happened to also chip up in the 3k into 4th place - while talking to my fellow CC member.

The alcohol is definitely a contributing factor for me here, but I wanted to ask all other members - if they have ever hit any final table and didn't even realize it until after 2 or 3 handds have been played.

I will update ya'll with my results.

Currently 3rd out of 500 in the 3.30 1500gtd - totally a surprise to me - on the final table.

HAHAHAA :cool::cool::eek::eek::cool::cool::D

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
and this hand happened while I was typing so i thought Id post it - worst hand won lol

Attachments

• WOW.JPG
    WOW.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 55
theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ended up busting in 5th in teh 1500gtd. I jammed oesd and straight flush draw - got called by KKs and I didn't improve - so - oh well - it was a surprise to me I was even there to begin with. lol nice return for my 3 dollars - a 12 pack - 3 captain morgans and coke - and 75 bucks lol nice!
Still running in top 10 in the 3k

Last edited:
theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do I play better when I'm drunk??? I'm playing VERY aggressive - but folding to preflop shoves when - it's obvious - but man other than that - I'm beasting every table. WTF?

Last edited:
theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Uh - 2nd after late reg closed inj the 3k.
3bet QQ in SB - donk jams 8/9 OFF on 67J rainbow flop - I call and runout is clean.

I gotta drink more when playting me thinks. LOL :confused::confused::mad::mad::p:p;);):D:D:eek::eek:

Last edited:
Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've had this for a long time.
I came home drunk, it was too early to sleep, and there was nothing to do, I decided to play poker, I didn't dare to play for real money )), but I sat down to play freeroll.
As a result, I reached the final table and took 2nd place, I have never played like this before, it was a strange game :D

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Busted in 69th out of 889 in the 3k. JJs lost to A/J all in pre - oh well

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournaments, this was not the case with me, but once playing drunk in cash I took a large pot with an average hand

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I almost had fintabl and only realized it when I looked at the main page of this tourn.

Z

ZerG

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
playing in the tournament of 4000 participants and did not expect that I would reach the final table and take the 3rd place

killing_random

killing_random

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You probably exploiting that way bunch of scared nits and not realise it.
Players that playing only 5-15% range is highly exploited at 2-9 flops. They have no clue that strong range isn't equal to strong game.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thats a very funny story, and thanks for sharing it. I have certainly played drunk. Not that I recommend it, but it has happened. I have also often played without paying full attention. But I have never made a final table without noticing it. Once it gets down to the final two tables, I always pay attention to, how many players are left, the payjumps, my stack size relative to other players etc.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
yes I remember it happened to me 1 or 2 times. I was also talking to people and the usually hand for hand did not appear at the table and with one I only noticed that at the final table because someone told me I was there. But that was a while ago

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After the holiday I came home drunk and sat down to play poker.Then somehow miraculously I got to the final table in the tournament in 3.30 and took 3rd place.It was fun and enjoyable, usually when drunk I lose)))

R

RDHartsoe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, the screen changes and the table looks different.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
no, every time I get on a straight I get really focused, and really anxious at the final tables.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, poker is a lot of stress and worry for a lot of people, so when they play and drink alcohol it helps them relax and make controversial decisions very easy :) Alcohol slows down your brain, so when you get to the final table, you do not immediately understand it's, it is logical )))

*But, alcohol consumption is harmful to any healthy body, please remember this ))) This is not a joke! ))

It's easy to get to the final table and not notice it when a girl is around and constantly distracts you )))

D

dukgen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's funny you didn't realize you were in the final table. Definitely avoids the pre-final table jitters affecting thinking process. Although I don't condone inebriated play to maintain a clear mind for the right decisions, this is a free country. =)

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't drink alcohol, but I've had quite similar situations. There was a case when I played 3-4 tables at a time and during this time I was partially engaged in my main work, having dinner, and communicating with a colleague on social networks. However, I also won good prizes at the final table. But to be honest, I think it's wrong to play like that. Good results do not always indicate the right approach in the long term.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thats a very funny story, and thanks for sharing it. I have certainly played drunk. Not that I recommend it, but it has happened. I have also often played without paying full attention. But I have never made a final table without noticing it. Once it gets down to the final two tables, I always pay attention to, how many players are left, the payjumps, my stack size relative to other players etc.

Yes - this was a very isolated incident. lol
I ended up being bubble boy to the exact same tourney the very next day - stone cold sober, so obviously drinking has no positive/negative effect on my play.
But that very next day - I was completely aware I was nearing the final table - I wasn't oblivious like i was the previous day. HA!

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker every day but that means after work until I fall asleep.
Literally. So sometimes I wake up with a new ticket or some money won,
but most of the cases people show no respect for a sleeping man
and bust me out from the tournament pretty quickly.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No. I always keep track of my position and number of players left. I know when I'm one of the last nine players.

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had won a few small sit & go with 360 player. I have tried a few bigger tournament and the best was during the 109 scoop with a won ticket. I played perfectly two days and the third i was eliminated with AA. I guess i run out of luck. If i would have won that hand i would be probably in payroll zone. Now i play that hand over and over lol 🤣🤣

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I honestly don't like checking how many remaining players and my position throughout a tournament. I feel like I become too focused on what ranking I am and how close to the money I'm getting and it impacts my play (in a negative way usually). If I lose myself in the game and my music I often find myself lasting long enough and making it into the prize money without even realizing it.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all the time.
My problem is saying "I'm gonna play just a quick game of poker" 12 hours later
So often times if the tourney is around 100 players.......... final table pops much quicker and im like...oh...cool beans
Final table or first table ..its just a table