Do you ever fold QQ on pre-flop?

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have folded QQ pre flop but only really in a satellites where I am in a good position to get a seat close to bubble just not worth it in those situation best to throw away even KK or AA sometimes. Most other situations no i would not fold QQ pre.

R

rcpeck

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been getting back into things in the micros and there it's hard to ever justify folding QQ PF with the wide range of players you'll find there. That sad, I will still lay it down when I've got a good read on someone and they're screaming Aces or Kings.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have folded QQ preflop a few times. Most were after a large raise and re-raise where I would be in a multi-way pot heading for an all-in. Even if my queens were the best hand going in playing against 3 or more opponents turns the hand into a gamble that could easily cost me my tournament life. I have also done it at a final table where 2 other players had already made huge bets that would most likely lead to a shove and a chance for me to level up when the loser was eliminated.

This was a great answer. I learned something from this. Thank you!

R

ronn6583

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whether or not to reset the top pair depends on how much control you have over the table. Especially if you are suddenly lucky and the top pair comes to You at the right time for the second time. Usually I do a re-raise, but in this case I didn't dare and dropped it. I didn't regret it.
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/523ZHrDeZ

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I ve folded after previous raise or all in when the game is in bubble period.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hi
Fold QQ preflop isn't easy.
There are factors that come into play no matter what you hold.
1. Your stack sizes against the opponent (if you are leading then call)
2. What stage of the tournament (if it's a tourney) (at the bubble Fold)
3. Stakes involved (micros/freerolls Call)
4. Opponents playing field (TAG-Fold)
In the order as mentioned.

Folding in Poker