Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you cold call?

Cold calling is a very difficult play to make because you are either too far ahead or too far behind or you are in a coinflip.

Cold calling is when one player raises and another player 3-bets and you call that 3-bet, so it's a risky move, unless you have pocket AA, obviously the best move would be a 4-bet with AA pair.

I like to cold call sometimes with par 10 10, pair JJ, and AK, but when I analyze that the player who 3-bet is very tight, I only pay to see the flop with these hands and easily fold to a C- bet depending on my stack and the ICM involved, there's still the fact that the player who made the first raise can make a 4-bet making it even more difficult to make a decision.

maestro121920

maestro121920

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Me too but most of the time I fold..

B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ifold unless I have a monster hand

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It will depend a lot on who you are playing against, how many chips you have and your hand. If I'm playing against a villain who is very aggressive, and I'm holding a hand like AK, I'll usually raise or go all-in if I'm short on chips eg 25bb. Now if I'm playing with a very tight player, and my hand is AK, I like to call, but if I'm very short on chips eg 15bb or less I'll go all-in.(y)

StArDemonn

StArDemonn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends, if we are deep I cold call these type of hands ( 99, 10 10, JJ ), but if we short (10bb-15bb or less) I am all in unless they are super tight then I fold.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It will depend a lot on my position, amount of chips and knowing my opponent, but I like to pay to see, which most of the time I end up regretting it

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't like this move, just do it if I'm really ahead like a slow play. Hardly pay with doubts