Do we Dare Descend into a December STT Thread

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Howdy all,

So, I havn't seen them as of lately but historically along with the monthly cash threads we see there used to be a SNG/STT Thread that went along with it. I know a tourny thread was just started but felt maybe there are some STT players who would like a place to call home for December as well.

I had been putting in some volume myself a while back at the micky micro 50c SNG's on FTP but struck a downswing and kinda offed the volume and been just bouncing around a little here and there lately. Since a new month is upon us felt I would go back to an STT grind again.

Some goals I'd like to accomplish for December:
1. Play 1k stt's, within a 75bi rule (currently rolled for 1$ games on FTP, and will move up the limits accordingly)
2. Turbo's seem to be the games getting more traffic so need to get some review/study in the area of ICM/Push fold strategy (have a grasp but not really done much study).
3. Currently don't have a hud any longer, but am looking to possibly make the purchase as I think it will be a help when planning such a grind mainly to more easily point out regs/nits etc when running at times up to 16 tables.
4. Obviously would be nice to have a +ROI when its all said and done, even just a 10% ROI for the 1k at 1$ games will be nice as it will over double my BR on ftp.

So thats my plans for december, might have some difficulty with the volume given I recently started a 2nd job that is taking away my poker time, but I am going to put in a grind and attempt to get there.

Anyone else out there on the forum grinding STT's or SNG's feel free to post up your plans/goals and of course we can discuss strategy and/or post hands, progress etc. Figured would be good to see who else might be in the realm of stt's or sng's as we know we have a bunch of cash players and mtt players and thought this would be a good way to include the stt and sng players as well.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha, I guess we dare not LOL.
Needless to say my dive back into stt's didn't go quite as well as I'd hoped last night, but lots of month to go yet........hope there might be others willing to join in who may be grinding on the stt side of pokerz :D

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really......

Alrighty, so I have seen I'd say no less than 5 new stt threads either questions or whatnot since I started this thread but yet have no interest in here?

Just thought would through it out there again, I myself havn't been going so hot on the stt side of things but hoping to situation my stars and ftp br's the weekend and get some major grinding going on.

I have however started reading my 1st book on stt's :D:
it's secrets of sng's for anyone interested by Phil Shaw. I got the colin moshman sng book on the way as well. Book is good so far, havn't really ever studied specifically into anything like ICM etc before but knew that If I planned to grind on sng's it would be some good knowledge and so really glad I have ordered a couple of books. In fact even some of the basic general knowledge has made me realize I have widened my range too much lately so always nice when things help get you refocused.

Havn't done any audits to see where I am for sng's ran so far and roi etc but to mend my initial goal of going 1k sng's on ftp think I will be setting this accross both ftp and stars since have run a few sessions on stars as well but been breakeven at best on a small sample. As I said, I have been slightly unfocused lately but feel I am regaining it now so lookout SNG's lol.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well guess its just me, thought would give it a final bump before I just leave it and give an update at end of the month to see where I came in regards to my goals. Its very near impossible that I will be hitting them for this month or the next just because my month ends as far as the online poker grind come December 23rd as I fly home the next day for xmas and don't return until January 10th.

I'll still be able to make a few cc freerolls during this time hopefully, and if not will at least still be on the forum keeping up on stuff as much as possible.

I havn't been playing much lately, the weekend was mainly freerolls and a couple of staked games (turned out to be an unlucky venture, hopefully next time). Did play 4 sng's on ftp last night though while debating i should be gone to bed LOL, and cashed in all 4 which felt good and a little boost to a newrly non-existent ftp br (due to a situation i prefer not to discuss, fn software that is all lol). However I didn't get a single 1st, had 2 3rds and 2 seconds, almost had a 1st but AT vs KJ lost. I'll take it however.

I might start putting in more of a grind, ship some stars $$ over to ftp or just see what i can do with what i have there for now, this week to see where I can get. Have been somewhat focusing on the PSO league the last couple of weeks but being able to only play 1 each weekend isn't helping get me up the ladder, I played a bunch the weekend but unfortunatly didn't manage to bink any of them and got sucked out really early in a couple (to lose points WTF?? lol).

Anyhow, was looking a lot last night at the micro mtt's on stars and basically between 4:45PM and 12:00PM ET in the evenings there are 15 tournies in the 55c and 1.10 range of NLH that I could play, basically the first two I would have to late reg as I get to my apartment at best 5:15pm but its something I may look at getting into, even just the 55c games which there are 9 off for now as they would be the closest for my br to a 200bi br.

All over the place i know cause had also been looking at maybe grinding the 180 man and 360 man 50c turbo sng's as well, run a few lately but on the -'ve side at this point just thinking they would be a great way to improve regarding the turbo mtt side of the fence for a low price. Thoughts etc as if anyone is reading this LOL.

Still reading through my new sng book as well off and on, currently into the late phases place, i must say its interesting and will be looking forward to seeing how it differs if it does from the colin moshman sng book when i get it. fwiw i think these are great for an mtt perspective as well only the stages last longer than in a sng for the most part and that usually not in the short handed situation. I'm liking :D

good luck to all you silent stt grinders out there ;)

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Subscribing to this bluff.I dont have the time to play like I used to. Only playing20 -40 stts a week .playing turbo 9 man on stars or tilt...$1.00
Good luck

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Talking to yourself Dave?:)

Okay, mic's staking thread has piqued my interest in those rush mtts. I believe KC's strategy could still work with some minor tweaking.

Going to dabble in a few later on and will post in here.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Subscribing to this Bluff.I dont have the time to play like I used to. Only playing20 -40 stts a week .playing turbo 9 man on stars or tilt...$1.00
Good luck
Thanks the lab man, was starting to feel like I was all alone LOL. Yeah I havn't been grinding them as I had planned, I think its the time of year I just wanna get home for the hollidays now but as mentioned in previous post I think I'm going to see what I can grind before I leave for the hollidays. Thanks for subbing.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Talking to yourself Dave?:)

Okay, mic's staking thread has piqued my interest in those rush mtts. I believe KC's strategy could still work with some minor tweaking.

Going to dabble in a few later on and will post in here.
Hey kd, well it didn't seem like anyone else was listening so figured just as well talk to myself LOL. Yes playing those couple of entries on mics stake this weekend has actually gotton me to remembering how much I enjoy the rush games, however i certainly don't have a br to deal with their varience at the moment.

I only read the first part of KC's strategy last night for the rush games, as was two busy ready threads on how he fn crushed them haha. I have a feeling it would still certainly be a great basis which is all it was designed to be, for giving some perspective on the tournies. That guy just killed it in tournies from some of the threads I read, awsome sick to run so good even sometimes when running bad lol.

Yay for more company in the thread, even if not stt's I'll take any traffic because people might start to think I'm going completely insane when talking to myself in a thread haha.

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Are these only 2 or 3 per buy in per day? Been messing with my filters and only see one @ $3.30 registering, No multi-table SNGs.

Please tell me this isn't so:(

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are these only 2 or 3 per buy in per day? Been messing with my filters and only see one @ $3.30 registering, No multi-table SNGs.

Please tell me this isn't so:(

Are you talking rush tournaments? I don't think there are many actual rush "tournaments" that run per say but they have the rush on demand which would be under the tournament tabs in FTP. If you go by the tournament/cash/all/all types they would be right at the top if you sort by date (granted this is on the standard lobby view).

I don't even know if ftp gets multitable sng's to run at high traffic hours anymore but its possible they do on the weekends as i can't be bothered to check because such yuck traffic is disgusting if i wanted to play them haha.

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Aaahh I see ....thanks db2:)

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Subbed. not playing any STT's but will be looking forward to seeing how your STT grinding turns out. Come on guys.Dont leave a brother hanging.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gl guys I play abit of everything so will post any rush results or sng....good idea for a stt thread bluff btw, good to have something covering abit of everything :)

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
lol...doing awesome so far. Knocked out with 10 10...my 3bet called pre. Flop AXX all hearts....I have a heart. Bet 3/4 pot, villain shoves, I call..he has AxQh.

3 hands..cya.

Was trying to be supernitty early but couldn't help myself. Here we go again..lol.

Traffic is so bad at tilt, even with double registration.

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Gl guys I play abit of everything so will post any rush results or sng....good idea for a stt thread bluff btw, good to have something covering abit of everything :)

Good to see you Alfie....maybe we can breath some life back into this monthly thread. Kudos to Dave for doing the restart:)

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You know I'm in Davey-poo especially since I'm doing STT exclusively as well..

first to reach a million dollars buys the beers

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ul dave his hand had you by the balls every way, would rail but not long turned lappy off, will do it another time if you keep playing them...also give us a few tips on what you think of the rush games once you've played a couple...I think you need to play fast and see as many cheap flops as poss, but its hard in early positions coz there's always someone pushing Q9 lol...glgl

z28_RoadRage

z28_RoadRage

Road Warrior
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't remember the last time I've played a STT...

Subbing and might try a few, just for sh!ts and giggles. LOL

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yay visitors lol, thanks for dropping by all.

Yeah in looking back in history of cc i saw a few stt/sng threads but seemed to kind of die off. I figured there had to be a few people playing them but was very quite for a couple of weeks here all by my self lol.

The rush games are fun because they are fast, but certainly swingy because I think lots of people view it similar to a HT in which double up for a chance or bust seems to be a midset (usually the wrong one, but you will deff find your share of horribad beats with a tag style because of crazy blinds).

Again I say yay for some visitors haha.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another good stt to play is the knockout on stars, for every player you knock out you get bounty money...and the higher your limit the better the bountys..quite a nice idea and way to build up a roll and the play in the micro limits is lolsoft, like 7 limpers to each pot....almost runs like a FL game lol...good fun though....

Anybody know of any good stt games on partypoker?...I've got some funds sitting on there doing nothing and it will do until I can get started on stars n tilt again....been playing with fpp's in sattys for the sunday storm while I make my mind up on what game to play next......fancy a stt and to have abit fun itt..... :)

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Had a good run going my second game but got ousted AK<J10 about 40 minutes in... 34th.

Now that I have huge expertise in these here are my observations...

Dump any hand you wouldn't call an all-in reraise with preflop if you're pre-cutoff.

Cutoff/button calls with speculative will usually allow you to see the flop.

If you are on the button, SB or BB don't quickfold. If unopened/unlimped to you bet 3x BB with ATC from the button or SB. If in the BB reraise7-8bb back at late position raisers in the same situation.

Reraising cbettors post-flop seems the same as a normal game.

Yep, huge revelations here lol. Just posting as a reference point for myself basically.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Another good stt to play is the knockout on stars, for every player you knock out you get bounty money...and the higher your limit the better the bountys..quite a nice idea and way to build up a roll and the play in the micro limits is lolsoft, like 7 limpers to each pot....almost runs like a FL game lol...good fun though....

Anybody know of any good stt games on partypoker?...I've got some funds sitting on there doing nothing and it will do until I can get started on stars n tilt again....been playing with fpp's in sattys for the sunday storm while I make my mind up on what game to play next......fancy a stt and to have abit fun itt..... :)

havn't played on pp in anything besides the cc freeroll in ages, don't see much mention of it on the forum either tbh. unfortunately can't help point the way, havn't played many bounty stt's, sized them up though and unless you take out everyone on your way to the top prizes work out better in a reg stt. However perhaps an extra softness would make up for it, only ever played a couple and got beated out horribad so didn't go back haha.

Maybe I shall have to try a couple on da star of pokers.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had a good run going my second game but got ousted AK<J10 about 40 minutes in... 34th.

Now that I have huge expertise in these here are my observations...

Dump any hand you wouldn't call an all-in reraise with preflop if you're pre-cutoff.

Cutoff/button calls with speculative will usually allow you to see the flop.

If you are on the button, SB or BB don't quickfold. If unopened/unlimped to you bet 3x BB with ATC from the button or SB. If in the BB reraise7-8bb back at late position raisers in the same situation.

Reraising cbettors post-flop seems the same as a normal game.

Yep, huge revelations here lol. Just posting as a reference point for myself basically.

good reference, but yeah the rush craziness does have a tendancy to be held to preflop for the most part. I guess the donks think everyone will fold an all-in.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe I shall have to try a couple on da star of pokers.

grrr these are taking forever to fill up lol, boooo suggestion alfie LOL

Edit: and then there seems to be an influx of people haha.