Discussing Strategy here

TheBandit

TheBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have I made a mistake discussing strategy on this site? Had a player call me out last night saying he has seen my posts on here and knows my game??? Well first off the guy had under 20 games on their name according to Shark Scope and I don't know how anyone could figure out my game or strategy from my posts..... Maybe they were trying to get under my skin but they did not last too long and were out early in the game. I just wish I could have been the one to do it. I will have to go back because I know I have given situations and what I have done. Would you delete such posts if you were me?? Have you ever been called out during a tournament by what you have posted here? Do you stay incognito with your poker name and were you are playing? any suggestions or stories of what has happened to you would be greatly appreciated. thank you The_Bandit

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Were you playing in a CardsChat tournament or just some random thing? I know that when I play CC events, I try to shift gears more than normal just b/c of the fact that discussing strategy could possibly tip people off to things. Kind of like a home game you play at all the time, people figure you out....gotta switch it up.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol,,,,the guy was trying to get in your head.Sounds like it worked,,,,, :rolleyes:

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All poker hands are situational and you should be mixing up your play anyway, so it don't matter if he reads your posts and takes notes on you. Mix play = unpredictable and in return he should't be able to do anything. gl brother donw worry too much about it.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you read any post most of them are specific situations so if you find a situation where the bb always defends and the button always tries to steal and im in the sb looking at a min raise from a middle position and the button has 3 bet well then you will know exactly what im going to do. My point being i dont think he really had a read on you unless you post things like I always fold to .... or i always raise when .... also when i get a read on someone i will never tell them i have one

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are using the CC site only to get into freerolls, then yes, discussing poker strategy here could be bad but still not too bad.

Let's be honest, there can't be too many players that read and mark everything on this site and then put it into notes of players.
Still, the plus side of discussing poker strategy is improving your overall game!

On the other hand, if you are using this site to get better at the game, improve your overall skills, while the freerolls are just a bonus, then you shouldn't mind if someone calls you out like that.

I am mostly discussing and posting in the poker-strategy, and I can say that I got quite better at poker - definite plus IMO!

TheBandit

TheBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this was a 2.20 buy in not a free roll. I am still waiting on getting access to that and league play.

If you are using the CC site only to get into freerolls, then yes, discussing poker strategy here could be bad but still not too bad.

Let's be honest, there can't be too many players that read and mark everything on this site and then put it into notes of players.
Still, the plus side of discussing poker strategy is improving your overall game!

On the other hand, if you are using this site to get better at the game, improve your overall skills, while the freerolls are just a bonus, then you shouldn't mind if someone calls you out like that.

I am mostly discussing and posting in the poker-strategy, and I can say that I got quite better at poker - definite plus IMO!

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So the moral of this story is to avoid discussing strategy here?

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The trick is to post really good advice, but then not follow it. :idea:

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Youve been a member for about 15 months. Do what you need to get in the freeroll club and play a CC freeroll everyday. Its some of the best free practice and learning available. Posting strategy and questions will only help you get better. The whole idea of learning poker is to learn to think through each situation and make the most profitable decision everytime. If the guy thinks he knows your game thats good. Keep studyingand learning new things and new ways to look at hands. Youll beat him everytime in the long run.

N

nolifescotty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mix it up

I mix my play so nobody knows sometimes sit out what im gonna do sometimes play a lot of hands / sometimes sit out/ bluff or slow roll the nuts mix it up that's what I do sometimes you gotta get lucky too its a part of the game. good luck
:rolleyes:

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
if you read any post most of them are specific situations so if you find a situation where the bb always defends and the button always tries to steal and im in the sb looking at a min raise from a middle position and the button has 3 bet well then you will know exactly what im going to do. My point being i dont think he really had a read on you unless you post things like I always fold to .... or i always raise when .... also when i get a read on someone i will never tell them i have one

The above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^, really ought not to pay attention to table chat.

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have I made a mistake discussing strategy on this site? Had a player call me out last night saying he has seen my posts on here and knows my game??? Well first off the guy had under 20 games on their name according to Shark Scope and I don't know how anyone could figure out my game or strategy from my posts..... Maybe they were trying to get under my skin but they did not last too long and were out early in the game. I just wish I could have been the one to do it. I will have to go back because I know I have given situations and what I have done. Would you delete such posts if you were me?? Have you ever been called out during a tournament by what you have posted here? Do you stay incognito with your poker name and were you are playing? any suggestions or stories of what has happened to you would be greatly appreciated. thank you The_Bandit

it is true that showing your technique and strategy can unmask your game but I think there are a lot of people here who gives strategy so I do not think that someone will remember comments posted from all members right here. he will be able to remember one day but over time he will not be able to memorize everything also poker poker luck has its place so even if we memorize your game a little we will never know what the cards have given you. Finally I think the person who claims to know your system you can work around and put it in a wrong track :)

B

berryryan2488

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really don't think it matters if someone reads how you play. Poker players expose strategy all the time. Situations are all unique and your skill level should allow you to access what is proper at the time. Play in the moment and you'll be fine. You could also use the fact that players may know your strategy to your advantage... psych em out a little bit

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't Know Strategy

I just want to warn all of my poker competition, I don't know how to read hands or make bets for value or when I shouldn't be in a hand.

I hear so many talking about how where you in this hand to the river. I just bet and if I like my hand or think you will pay me on the river. I am staying in the hand.

So you guys learn all.of that strategy and take all that training, I don't know what I am suposupp to do according to your rules but poker says I can do what I want, when I want. So don't get mad at the river because you had the nut flush and I stayed in with my two pair and hit a full boat to.take.your money.

I am just not that poker smart like you!