Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hey Cesar
You are a good player and you know it.

These situations are part of poker.

You can’t always win.

But the true fact is don’t push too hard with hands you flop.
That’s 3 cards on the board, and you can’t feel strong using just 1 card from the board and think that you have a winning hand.
Your opponent could have 2 of those 3 cards and has you beat already.

So bottom line is play easy, don’t push, remember in poker it’s not about Hold’em it’s also about knowing to Fold’em.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
If we take note of statistics, the majority of hands in poker are won with top pair. But as an mtt player you have to take some factors in consideration, the villain profile, the position, the tournament stage (early, middle, buble, ITM) ...etc and the answer depends on those factors.
If for example you are IP you can pot control by checking back and give villain a freecard especially on some dry boards like Kxx Qxx, and in this scenario if you are facing a bet try to min-raise to get some information (if villain calls your min-raise you're probably ahead, if he raises... you're behind) and you can check-back turn also to pot control with enough information on the river.
If you have a tracker, try to see the lines where you're loosing with TP and make adjustment

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey Cesar
You are a good player and you know it.

These situations are part of poker.

You can’t always win.

But the true fact is don’t push too hard with hands you flop.
That’s 3 cards on the board, and you can’t feel strong using just 1 card from the board and think that you have a winning hand.
Your opponent could have 2 of those 3 cards and has you beat already.

So bottom line is play easy, don’t push, remember in poker it’s not about Hold’em it’s also about knowing to Fold’em.
Thank you for the words mate, usually when I analyze some hands I've played, I can identify my mistake in calling many hands that I'm obviously losing, but it's that at the time of the game, driven by excitement or lack of patience we end up doing these stupidities, but I'm looking to correct these errors.(y)

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes I do tend to play to the end with top pair which more often than not has treated me pretty good. It always depends though on where I’m sitting, chip stack and if I have a read on anyone.

slevinzed

slevinzed

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is really hard to let anything down since people bluff a lot, we should be more disciplined and be able to fold anything.
once i folded AA just before the bubble place cause I was playing against the tournament chip leader and I was right he played against another who was in the hand. the cheap leader won with a straight that came out from nowhere

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
i learn from my own expierence, that if opponent betting a turn hesgot a nuts in 95% of time ( nuts i mean a two pairs at least,) if opponent bet a river or 3bet a river hes got a 99% chance got a nuts.

If opponent 3bet you on flop hes got a nuts
if opponents 4bet pre flop hes goT AA KK QQ

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This seems to be a common topic.
What and when to chuck a pair.
Go with the gut. Trust yourself more.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have no problems with top pair. I've been playing for a long time and even in freerolls I can fold with a pair of AA if I see that I can't win the hand. Sometimes it is very clear from the cards on the table that my pocket pair is inferior to the expected hand of the opponent.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have no problems with top pair. I've been playing for a long time and even in freerolls I can fold with a pair of AA if I see that I can't win the hand. Sometimes it is very clear from the cards on the table that my pocket pair is inferior to the expected hand of the opponent.
You mentioned a freeroll point, we know that in these tournaments players play looser especially at the beginning, knowing that it is difficult for you to let go of a hand like AA, KK.
Of course when you have a read on your opponent this decision becomes easier.
I'm trying to correct some mistakes I've been making, especially post flop, but as I only play freerolls this adjustment is difficult.;)(y)

urubudopoker

urubudopoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I credit that muitos dos jogadores aqui no Cardschat tiveram essa difficuldade em largar top pair, especialmente quando se trata de freerolls, onde os vilões pagam ou aumentam com qualquer coisa.
Eu tendo a jogar apenas freerolls, e como os vilões geralmente jogam de qualquer maneira, eu was errado em supervalorizar um top pair e às vezes pay ou aumentar até o fim.
É difícil nestes cas fazer uma leitura correta porque são freerolls, muitas vezes pensamos que o vilão está roubando e na verdade ele tem uma mão melhor, como ter acertado uma trinca no flop.
Let me sua opinião, você pays até or final as Top pair?
Obrigado Caesar
dependendo sa situação eu prefiro ir de all win com top pair que ficar fretando (freeholl)

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As for freerolls, I know many players and this makes it easier for me to figure it out and if the player is not familiar to me, then I already proceed from the situation.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello:)
Mostly yes, especially with an ace, and unfortunately even if my position on the table is not good, I would prefer to bet BB×6 at least or all-in before flipping the flop in order to sort players and make the intruders fold their hand before seeing the flop.
I think it is always difficult to fold a strong hand, even if the flop or the board indicates that you are a loser

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I do believe many people do over play top pairs and even over pairs at times. When your 100BB deep or more top pair is a strong hand but if someone is will to shove a lot of chips in the middle against you, you need to be able to find the fold at times. I have seen people call re raises on the flop turn and river to get 150 BB of there chips in the middle with aces or top pair and they seem shocked to see there against a set 2 pair or better. When you have 20BB and this happens its a diffent story and it OK and is just a cooler.