Clease

Clease

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Hello,

at the moment I'm playing 9max SNG. One goal for me is to play one day small torunaments. But having not allways timr for tournaments I would also like to play 18,45, 90 and 180 player SNGs.

So first step for me is trying the 18 player SNGs.

How did I have to change my play for 18 and 45 players. Must I become looser or thighter. Or what did you think is a good way to learn more abou this. Any suggestions for books, videos or something else?

Thank you

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The main difference is, there is less ICM-pressure on the bubble of an 18-man or 45-man, if we are talking about the pokerstars formats. In a 9-man (50/30/20) 60% of the price money is already distributed, when you are in the money, and for that reason the value of each chip is now only 40% of its original value. This can lead to situations, where a mid stack have to fold something as strong as AK, if the chip leader jam, because so much of the value lies in just cashing.

In an 18-man (40/30/20/10) the same number is 40%, so in this format there is less ICM-pressure on the bubble but more later on, when 4 and 3 players are left, because there is not a lot of difference between finishing second and first. So if for instance someone have 60% of the chips, and the other two players have 20%, now its really all about trying to make it to second for the two shorties. In a 45-man around 30% of the price pool is distributed on the bubble, which is similar to most MTTs. From 7 players and down a 45-man is very much like an MTT final table, and therefore this format is great practice for MTTs.