Difference between buy and freeroll tournament

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't understand why I still find so much difference between playing a freeroll or a buy one because in the freeroll I get far already in buy tournaments I lose almost everyone I don't know if it's the emotional or the pressure on the value but I can't play the same your opinions?

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't understand why I still find so much difference between playing a freeroll or a buy one because in the freeroll I get far already in buy tournaments I lose almost everyone I don't know if it's the emotional or the pressure on the value but I can't play the same your opinions?

It is a matter of technical level.

But don't be fooled by nomenclature or value. There are HG pro players where they offer micro games with a low game level.

So it's just a matter of technical level.

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is called insecurity, put a limit on your actions, only invest 10% of your bankroll so that in the long term it does not affect you and so you can enjoy without the fear of being left out. :)

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, there is a difference between buy-in and fr tourneys. In fr's, there is lot of players who don't even care how to play cause it's free. But if you play less than $2 buy-in, I'd say it's a very small difference in skill level. In small buy-in tourneys, there is still a lot of players whom you can beat easily.

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On freerolls, people do whatever they want to all-in or re-raise with all the cards because they lose nothing, and when buy-in is a waste of money and people play accurately, I realized this myself and playing buy-in is the best way more adequate people

demesquita

demesquita

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is called insecurity, put a limit on your actions, only invest 10% of your bankroll so that in the long term it does not affect you and so you can enjoy without the fear of being left out. :)
10% ?? I usually stay inside 5% of my BR for tournaments entries

Yep, there is a difference between buy-in and fr tourneys. In fr's, there is lot of players who don't even care how to play cause it's free. But if you play less than $2 buy-in, I'd say it's a very small difference in skill level. In small buy-in tourneys, there is still a lot of players whom you can beat easily.
I think there isn't much difference on the majority of gameplay for anything under USD 5 entry fee

A

ataraxyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In freeroll, most of the people are usually not serious, but not everybody. The reason is it's 'freeroll', but that's not the only reason. The 2nd reason is you have to beat too many people to get a prize. So they can't help but be aggressive to survive. But as you get closer to the end people are totally not careless. And in buy-in game? They 'are' serious. And the larger the buy-in, the more serious they are.

Fenix7

Fenix7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is exactly like that. In Freeroll you play looser, since we don't invest anything. In a tournament with Buy In it is simply more complicated because the players have a better level. I have played both types and I agree that it is more difficult to advance in buy In tournaments.

B

Belgiumburnley

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With the freerolls people tend to play aggressive. They will go all-in very often with marginal hands.

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a matter of technical level.

But don't be fooled by nomenclature or value. There are HG pro players where they offer micro games with a low game level.

So it's just a matter of technical level.
this is my problem i hope to become more professional in this area because when i use buy i can't play well or it is the other players who play better i don't know also why players in the freeroll most play bluffing very low card

With the freerolls people tend to play aggressive. They will go all-in very often with marginal hands.
really what happens yesterday i played a freeroll with guaranteed entry to a 50k tournament i was in 2nd the other player was very aggressive already started the pre flop increasing

I liked the tip to play using 5% of my capital I will test this option because I can do very well in the freerolls more in the buy games I don’t win much I’ve even won some seats but nothing significant for the amount invested in the buy

Last edited by a moderator:
EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are, were and will always be different, as are the small entry and the high entry level, the level of the game changes, the number of players and not the entry level.

ASHUKPOK

ASHUKPOK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is exactly like that. In Freeroll you play looser, since we don't invest anything. In a tournament with Buy In it is simply more complicated because the players have a better level. I have played both types and I agree that it is more difficult to advance in buy In tournaments.

I have noticed that in pokerstars freerolls at the initial stage, simpler combinations are drawn on the board to collect winning hands. Not on freerolls, boards are usually very difficult to put together a winning combination.:mad: