Die by all-in

F

Fair

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
should put your money in all-in hand early tournament?

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Of course, you can do it and you have the right to do so. And after that you can immediately go to do other things or for example go to work. :)

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure, but ideally not with the idea that it's going to kill us :)

While you might occasionally bust with a big bluff early, generally if stacks are deep and you get all-in early it's because you're getting a lot of action with a premium hand.

If you can get it all-in with AA pre-flop, a set at the flop, a flush at the turn (with only three of the suit on board), etc, that's great. You'll usually win and it's worth risking that your opponent has an even better hand (where possible) or draws out because you get the opportunity to double up early with a high winning chance.

S

Stollpe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a nice hand and have a good read on your opponent it might be wore risking it to get a big stack early on. In general busting early is not so nice but sometimes can not be avoided to have a chance to get in the money in a MTT.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
strange question but you should shove when the moment is right regardless of the stage of the tournament

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, you can do it and you have the right to do so. And after that you can immediately go to do other things or for example go to work. :)

Of course, you can do it, but never go back to work!:)

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Depends on the tourney, reg cost etc.

If it is a deep stack, huge field, medium or high level, then definietly pre-flop only with few hands, if you go all-in on flop or later, that's not about your hand, but mostly the board, if you have the nuts, of course, otherwise depends on the information about the opponent.

Personally, I play micro, low level, never enter from the beginning, always late reg, play plenty turbo, hyper, so the all-in at the start of the tourneys for me, is quiet common, so I have much wilder range go allin, but I see plenty players do it even wilder.

If I play some higher level, or big field tourneys on low level, of course the range changes.

You did not ask a real question anyway, for that you would had to give some information. It is just a genereal question, basically about nothing, as the yes or no answer both good, depends on situation.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you could also live by all in if you are lucky enough to have a decent hand like tens, jacks or queens which are the very strong hands preflop but not so much postflop unless you hit a set or a low card flop , nevertheless in most cases the best thing to do is to wait for a very strong hand to call an all in shove preflop (kk, aa or ak) also hands like tens, jacks queens and maybe nines or eights can be decent enough to call a shove against 1 single player or maybe even 2 ( with queens or maybe jacks)

F

Fair

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Late register, if opponent’ stack is too high, how we can win?
2. With the strong, high hand you still totally can lose! So the question is: despite all-in with uncertainty, should we play safety, under control

Xambo

Xambo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
According to the situation. If there are a lot of people in front of me with a good hand, I just go all in to minimize the hand that is playing.

PatValShark

PatValShark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Position, Purpose and Place. Position as in who has bet already(Stack and History) and similarly who is to follow. Purpose as in to entice or defeat, and Place, proximity to bubble and stack size in relation to competition.