Deepstack tournaments strategy

Jankou36

Jankou36

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey,
I mainly play on low, micro stakes and freerolls where are easier fields and higher speed than common and I think I became pretty good with them, cause I'm often in the money. Last wednesday I've won the CC tournament on unibet with 10 euro ticket prize. I usually choose slower tournaments if available, so I want to play deepstack tournament e.g. Dark Matter - it's a freezeout tournament, which means there are no rebuys and no add-ons, lvl lasts 8 minutes (1st lvl is 15/30 blinds, 10th lvl 125/250 blinds, 20th 800/1,6k), late register lasts 12 lvl and start stack is 6k. About 100 players register till the end. It's probably not so deep as tournaments on other poker rooms, but still longer than tournaments I usually play.

So, if you are experienced with that type of MTTs, especially if you are profitable, please share some tips. I need more experience with early and mid stage of the tournament. What hands do you play, with what stack? When to limp and when to raise (how much)? We can omit opponent analysis.
If it's too much to write, please provide some good source (links) to that knowledge. Thanks in advance!

T

Tylor Mendez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight in the beginning. Theres no need to put money in early with marginal hands.

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play a lot of suited connectors, you can make a lot of money with straights and flushes in this stage of tournament

T

Tylor Mendez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats fine to open with suited connectors, but if you are gonna play against a raise you need to 3-bet it.

Jankou36

Jankou36

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, so I think I will just apply my standard tight strategy and I will train on lower stakes first. Good there are on the Unibet deep micro tournaments. By the way I very recommend this site for learning players. I have 15 euros in tournament tickets and 3 euro in cash, and I didn't deposit. I just play free and centrolls for less than 2 weeks, so it's very easy to earn some cash and then there are a lot of nice tournaments for micro stakes, like mentioned deep tournaments.
What do you think about shoving in deep stack tournaments? I think that it should be only with nuts or when short stacked. Maybe also when you call short stacked player all-in, with good hand ofcourse.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In deep stack games, pre-flop, all-in confrontations are not often the way to go. The situations are more intricate and challenging, with an increased opportunity to lose your entire stack and exploit opponents for theirs. In deep stack games, you will probably have to play all three streets of betting, following a profitable line of action from start to finish.You will also have to be familiar and well-practiced when it comes to certain poker techniques, such as 3-betting wide in position and 4-betting as a bluff, or semi-bluff against aggressive opponents. Opponent tendencies become critical so that you know which opponents it will be profitable to bluff and 3-bet. You will have to “level” opponents by working out what they can do and coming over the top of them.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
play safe, do not risk it if it is not necessary, do not bet only to do it, keep calm as much as you can, this type of tournaments can be a bit long, therefore there is no need to stress or take unnecessary risks with the blinds so low, try to analyze your opponents